PDA

View Full Version : Any experienced reefers with a JEBO skimmer

madreefer14
04/12/2006, 09:48 PM
:beer: +:beer: +:beer: =:hmm4: Ok. now that thats out of the way. Anyone here have any experience with a JEBO skimmer? Im in the process of setting up a 55g reef. Lights are purchased, Sump/refuge will be made from a 20gal tank. Pumps are already on hand. RO filter is purchased with new membrane. Now I just need a skimmer. Im looking at JEBO skimmer, seaclone150 new and improved( will likely still switch out the pump to a beckett with a needle wheel or just drill holes in the impeller and add a needle valve for air flow control) or build my own venturi or hsa. But if I do decide to purchase one of the above, I'd like to have a little feed back pos or neg.

meco65
04/12/2006, 09:54 PM
I have a jebo 180 on my 20 gal it works great or at least it did till I cleaned it had been running for about 8 months all i did was clean and empty cup untill i desided I would give it a good cleaning. Than one of the rubber gaskets develiped a drip so im upgradeing to a in sup skimmer but for the price it was a good deal and pulled out a lot of green bad stuff.

meco65
04/12/2006, 09:56 PM
I ment a in sump skimmer not a sup skimmer.

madreefer14
04/12/2006, 09:59 PM
funny how beer affectsh tha tieping. Did your skimmer come with a pump or did you have to purchase it separetly?

meco65
04/12/2006, 10:06 PM
yes it did come with a pump, the typing is not from beer but from lack of sleep.

madreefer14
04/12/2006, 10:32 PM
May I ask how much you paid for it and where you got it from?

davidhughes85
04/12/2006, 11:26 PM
I just got rid of mine today for a bak pak.....that thing will go nuts if it doesnt like whats in your water such as a piece of leftover food..your collection cup will fill up in like 15 seconds and start spilling onto your floor....i had mine for a month and a half and woke up to hearing splattering on my floor like 4 times......today i was at the fish store and saw they got a used bakpak in and thought i might get one of those some time...i get home to my tank flooding onto my floor..needless to say i turned right back around and get the bakpac then took a hammer to that old POS..Everytime you leave for a couple of days you will have to unplug it for feer it will flood your house. my new skimmer has pulled out as much in one day than that thing ever did...get your money back and get a good skimmer, youll end up doing it anyways later on trust me

s3aL
04/13/2006, 12:50 AM
I used to have a jebo180 skimmer in my noob days of reefing. When it worked, it did skim just "ok" at best. The MAIN problem was I caught it overflowing about 10 times while home. But one day I wasnt home and came home to about 20 gallons of water on my carpet and half my 45 gallon tank empty. That was the end of my "you get what you pay for" days.

If you want a cheaper skimmer id suggest atleast a Bakpak or a used AquaC remora.

madreefer14
04/23/2006, 01:41 PM
OK just bought a via aqua sk 388. the collection cup on this thing is huge. if this thing overflows then theres definitly something dead in the tank. thanks for the input.