PDA

View Full Version : Circulation in 12 gallon aquapod...some help Please

ej1698
04/14/2006, 06:46 AM
Hey Everybody,

I have a 12 gallon Aquapod, I upgraded my pump to a maxi-jet 900. The thing is it still looks like the built in skimmer doesn't pull the water in enough, The top of the water doesn't move [by the skimmer- pulled in]

Does anyone else have/see this and has anyone figured out how to fix this....
Thanks for any help
EJ

DarthBaiter
04/14/2006, 10:31 AM
I blocked off the intake holes in the middle of the tank, leaving only the top intake open. I had a lot of stuff floating around the top, and now they are gone. I also had a hydor flo on it but removed it and put back the original nozzle as I think it turns over the water a lot better.
Also, I had water so that the back chambers were pretty much full, but now I put a little less water in the tank so that the water from the second chamber is about an inch higher than the third chamber, I think this also helped in getting the surface cleaner.

bckane
04/14/2006, 10:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7176376#post7176376 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DarthBaiter
I blocked off the intake holes in the middle of the tank, leaving only the top intake open. I had a lot of stuff floating around the top, and now they are gone. I also had a hydor flo on it but removed it and put back the original nozzle as I think it turns over the water a lot better.
Also, I had water so that the back chambers were pretty much full, but now I put a little less water in the tank so that the water from the second chamber is about an inch higher than the third chamber, I think this also helped in getting the surface cleaner.
How did you block off the holes pictures if possible
TIA
Brian

mkeller
04/15/2006, 05:51 AM
I took out all the filtration that came with the tank and put live rock in the first two chambers and carbon in the third that increased my flow alot, and supposed to be better we will see.

DarthBaiter
04/16/2006, 05:53 PM
I just cut a piece of 1/8" thick plexi into a 1"x4" piece and siliconed it. I'll post pics when I get back to the office monday.

dead beat reef
04/29/2006, 12:54 AM
Cut the sponge filter till it is well below the overflow slots.
If the sponge is to tall it will block water flow. Pics. in gal. dbr