PDA

View Full Version : Tank readings Pleas help

kruzzenkidd
04/14/2006, 07:01 AM
I have set up a 55 gal taank with live sand Rena filter rated for 75 gal tank I tested the tank several times over a week Nitrates=0ppm nitrites 0ppm(dropped from 20ppm) amonia 1.0ppm and holding the nitrites have dropped but the amonia isnt moving.I have a moray eel I need to move to this tank as soon as possible BTW Nitrites dropped 24 hours after I added 2 pieces of live rock from my 120 gal SW tank.I have done a water change but the amonia isnt dropping,can someone advise?

Thanks
Kruzz

SW Tanks
120 gal 2 clowns,2 damsels
FW tanks
500 gal 4 Oscars,6 pink,stripped convicts,3 firemouths,1 blue channel cat,2 plecos,1 bala shark filtered by 2 sumps wet/dry 3600 gph water flow

kau_cinta_ku
04/14/2006, 07:09 AM
have you double checked your test kits with a diff. kit? how long ago did you add the LR seems to me either you have a bad kit or your going through another cycle from the LR

kruzzenkidd
04/14/2006, 07:14 AM
I had the water tested at a local pet shop tested the same added the live rock about 4 days ago and thats when the nitrates dropped I have added some TLC bacteria upon start up and at the 7th day( I would sware by that TLC) now the eel tank is much higher in readings but not by that much and he is doing good.but I dont want to loose him in the move over.
What should I do?

bertoni
04/14/2006, 03:16 PM
Some Amquel Plus will detoxify some of the ammonia. Water changes might help, but the live rock really hasn't had enough time to get working yet, most likely, so you'll have to wait for that to happen.