PDA

View Full Version : Electricity Outage

BRISK495
04/14/2006, 09:18 AM
Hello All - I was wandering how long tanks do without electricty. No pumps, heaters, filters etc. I actually woke up this morning to find that the electricity was off...I know it was on later last nite (1 am). I actually have a "back up" plan where all my pumps arent on the GFCI plug (the GFCI did not reset after electricity went back on). There was one powerhead running continuously throughout all of this.....

Should I do anything particular? Right now I have everything running back to normal. Everything looks fine. Temp was fine. I figured the worse case senario would be a little ammonia spike if anything.....

I have mostly all SPS, some LPS, and some fish.....

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!

RichConley
04/14/2006, 09:23 AM
You should replace the GFCI if its not restarting after power outages, and make sure that it isnt causing the power outages.

BRISK495
04/14/2006, 09:32 AM
ok, thanks Rich - Yeah , i figured something wss wrong with that GFCI.....i wasnt sure if that was supposed to happen though. I guess there is a problem with the GFCI plug....

Wiskey
04/14/2006, 09:34 AM
Ya, GFI outlets should stay on when the power kicks back in, the one in my bathroom and on both tanks do anyway.

For how cheap GFI outlets are, I would definitally replace it.

Whiskey

BRISK495
04/14/2006, 09:38 AM
ok thanks for that advice. Plus it will give me piece of mind....

RichConley
04/14/2006, 09:48 AM
Was the electricity out elsewhere? or just on that circuit? If the GFCI is bad, it may be tripping, and thats why the circuit is going off.

BRISK495
04/14/2006, 10:05 AM
no, i think the electricity went off everywhere....the microwave was reset....my computer was off....and high speed internet wasn't working....so I think at one point, there was definitely no electricity.