PDA

View Full Version : Pyramids?

Debbie64
04/14/2006, 12:29 PM
So, pyramid snails? Or incredibly lucky and baby ceriths -- all over the bases of my turbo snails?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/91538pyramids.jpg

Inquiring minds...

bertoni
04/14/2006, 02:57 PM
They are likely parasites if they're actually on the snail. I'd remove as many as possible if so.

rhiggsbear
04/14/2006, 03:16 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I bet they are pyramid snails. I have them and they wiped out my snails - every type I had escept a few strombus grazers that are hanging on. They came in on some snails I bought on-line. :mad2: I had a bunch of the strombus grazers and the pyramids have pretty much killed them all. The strombus keep breeding and the pyraminds keep killing them off as soon as hey get any size to them.

Last night, I counted about ten strombus grazers, 75% of with had a pyramid attached to it.

I am wishing all the strombus grazers would die so the pyramid snails would starve. No such luck so far.

Debbie64
04/14/2006, 05:44 PM
Yep, I figured. I removed all my turbos from the display (I think) and cleaned them all of the pyramids. I've got the turbos in my fuge, now, but I'm wondering if I should pull them and set them up in a QT. I'm thinking that would be the easiest way to monitor the parasites and pluck them off when I inspect the turbos.

bertoni
04/14/2006, 05:59 PM
That might help. You need to get all the eggs, juveniles, etc.