PDA

View Full Version : need help with tube feeding asap !

yahutch
04/15/2006, 01:18 PM
I just rec'd 3 female reidi (cb ) from a local that are not eating ( he says it has been at least 4 days ). I would like to tube feed them asap , but have no idea how or what ? I know I have seen the directions several different times when scanning for other info. , but now that I am looking for it I have had no luck .can someone please point me in the right direction ? I am fighting the clock with the vets office hrs trying to figure out what is needed . I have posted this at the org as well .

also , while I have your attention - these girls were treated for vibrio a couple weeks back . they were given a full course of diamox (they had igbd also ) and tri-sulfa. they appeared to be doing better , no more swolling and their tail tips healed . now they are not eating and 2 of their tails appear to be turning white again . is there a second course of antibiotics that are recommended or anything I can do to help them at this point ? the prevoius owner has stated he does not have the time to deal with this so they are now in my care . I have them in a hospital/qt tank currently . I know it is a little soon for this , but if these girls heal and make it thru this can they be added in with my other reidi or will they always need to be seperated ? I am prepared to set-up a tank of their own if needed ( which I am pretty sure will be the case ) , but would need to get it cycling for them now .

thanks in advance for any and all help , Yvette