PDA

View Full Version : Fridmani Pseudochromis

Rhinecanthus
04/15/2006, 04:10 PM
Had this guy for about 3 days now. He is the only inhabitant of my custom 10g tank...and he is going to be the only fish in there ever.

Well, the tank only has a little bit of liverock...the sandbed is nice and open for some future clams.

My question is, is this guy ever going to come out of hiding?

The tank is in a no-traffic area so there isnt much to spook him.

Any experience?

BTW, the halide are only on 6 hours a day and the rest of the time the tank is dimly lit by PCs...I specifically did that because I know these are generally deep water dottybacks and dont like the bright light.

So from 11am to 5pm there is only 24w of PC on...from 5-10p there are halides on, then for another hour the PCs again.

Ironsheikh
04/15/2006, 04:47 PM
your fridmani is just adjusting still --he'll be out and investigating all the time. I've also never had a problem with light levels, so everything should work out when it gets used to the tank

Rhinecanthus
04/15/2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm going to be patient!

tah532
04/15/2006, 05:49 PM
I have had a pair of them for a few months now. When first added to the tank, I barely ever saw them both for about 3 days and actually was worried they didnt really come outta the bag or something! But they adjusted and came out often, they do tend to stay hidden and really like holes in the LR that they can sleep and hide in, but they always come out to eat or when i go up to the tank. be patient he will come out

stykthyn
04/17/2006, 12:08 AM
mine hid in the branches of my frogspawn, only came out around feeding time. man this guy could put a hurtin on some other fish too.

Bax
04/17/2006, 02:55 PM
They like to hide but will become pretty bold in time. Give lots of hiding spaces in the LR and it will thrive. Great fish I have a pair in my 75.

15nano
04/17/2006, 03:23 PM
I have one in my 220 and he is never in the open but can almost always be seen. It took a month or so before he stayed out much