PDA

View Full Version : Walrus pups left to drown or starve

greenman
04/16/2006, 04:24 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/04/15/warming115.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/04/15/ixnewstop.html

Toyota Guy
04/16/2006, 06:48 PM
`wow....... that sucks:(

reefD
04/17/2006, 08:18 PM
terrible! hey warm winters are not that good. for instance everyone around here has been happy we had an easy winter. these people forget the results on the envirnment. first plants that depend on snow cover for insulation died this winter...(im talking expensive roses and such that we plant at our homes. and the big issue that ive been waiting for are brush fires! and today I 90 was shut down this afternoon due to a brush fire...so realize when you say it was so mild this winter with a smile understand that the envirnment is suffering and will effect us eventually. and lets not forget the walrus now being effected.
heck when we get tons of snow in a winter i smile cause we live in upstate new york and thats the way it is supposed to be. LOL!

michaelg
04/18/2006, 09:07 PM
Was listening to a report this am on NPR about all these disappearing birds along the pacific coast. Mostly noticed in birds passing though Puget sound. The normal upwhellings that bring up all the plankton from down deep haven't been happening. As a result the birds are starving. As this is a result of events at the bottom of the food chain, I'm sure many other animals are affected.

greenman
04/24/2006, 05:14 PM
They had something on the young birds on the beaches of hawaii. A very large % are end up dieing as they are feed our trash! It clogs them up filling them up and they die becouse they cant pass it... The parent birds pick it up out of the water thinking its food and give it to the young... They also show what washes up on the beach. for the past 3 years they have been cleaning it up taking out tons... I guess alot of our trash floats to the islands...