PDA

View Full Version : Lfs?

RBTA
04/17/2006, 05:07 PM
Alright can anyone tell me of anymore more LFS in the area(DE/NJ/PA). As you know I am starting a BTA tank. I really know of only two that I will buy from.

Greenbanks: Had a few BTAs, but all were pretty bleached, I picked up one earlier this week in hopes of helping it live, would have taken them all if I had enough money and enough faith in my skills at bringing them back to health haha. But the one I did take is looking a bit better, it also has purple tips so I can't wait to see what it looks like fully recovered. But a lot of the time shopping at Greenbanks can be a hassle because if the price is not marked and if Bill isn't there its really hard to buy anything until he comes back.

ECA: About a 45min-1hr drive for me. I called them they have GBTAs, but was really looking for a RBTA but since it would hve been $120 retail they didn't order any.

I know there is also Fishman, but after a lot of dreadful experiences with them, Im refusing to buy from them.

So are there anymore LFS in the area that I may have overlooked? TIA
-Chris

nanoreef16g
04/17/2006, 05:11 PM
Frazer Zoo

RBTA
04/17/2006, 07:27 PM
Ok thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow then and see if they have anything.

kaptken
04/17/2006, 08:30 PM
there aren't too many stores right around here. but you could call exotic equatics for s list of stock. about 60 miles west in baltimore. closer than dr. macs. the other good alternative.
http://exoticaquatics.com/

RBTA
04/18/2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks for all the help, the Frazer Zoo doesn't plan on having any in for a few more weeks.

Exotic Aquatics only has one and for $80 so it might be a waste to drive that far and it turn out to be unhealthy or something. Well I'll keep looking. If not I'll just settle for regular BTAs and GBTAs until I can find one haha.

-Chris

bloopbloop
04/18/2006, 10:03 PM
Would a gigaton of green star polyps help in your trade/purchase? I have some for you, if you need them! Free of course!

RBTA
04/18/2006, 10:50 PM
Ah green star polyps are cool. If I do take some it will not be for free of course though. I have Red w/blue spots mushroom rock (only 3 shrooms) and green ricordea(kinda dull really) if you want to trade.
-Chris

bloopbloop
04/18/2006, 11:39 PM
You don't like the shrooms or are you trying to get away from them? Surely, I will trade, if you don't want them. My stuff is always free for you because I am meaner! >:[ ]

RBTA
04/19/2006, 12:50 AM
Its not that I don't want them, I'm just willing to trade them for your marvelous star polyps, and I was stating that they will be nowhere near as beautiful as those star polyps of yours :)
-Chris

bloopbloop
04/19/2006, 03:50 AM
My husband is the star polyp conniseur. I like them, but wow they can spread before you know it. I'll give you some tips when I see ya on that.

MadTownMax
04/20/2006, 09:06 AM
Wow $120 for a RBTA! That's rediculous - I myself paid $100 for one at The Hidden Reef - but it wasn't your run-of-the mill variety - it was much deeper red than usual, and an easy 12"+ across - very mature specimen.

Exotic aquatics is a very reputable place - if they have an anemone, I'd guess that it's very healty - and the staff there would definately let you take a look at the foot just to make sure before dropping $$$

If you haven't been down there yet, it's very worth the drive.

Let me search around and find my fish store locator, that will give you a bunch of places to call - if only those guys up in New Jearsey wouldn't hog all the RBTA's !!!!!!

MadTownMax
04/20/2006, 09:08 AM
here we go - the fish store locator :)

http://zoyzoy.com/aquarium/aquariumstoresmap.asp?Zip=08610&Size=800

Granted, it was started by someone in NJ, so most of the stores are down there - I'll give a shout to some of the DC area clubs to see if we can "fill it in" a bit more ;)

RBTA
04/20/2006, 09:25 PM
Alright well Im gonna have to give up on my search for a bit. I am leaving on weds to fly out to Kansas for a wedding so now its getting a bit late to get a new anemone especially since the first few days are more crucial, because if it died when I was away, that could kill the whole tank. But I will resume my search as soon as I get back. But thanks for the fish store locator, that will be of much help!
-Chris