PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing question

xlayedoutx
04/17/2006, 09:29 PM
So yeah I'm not very smart when it comes to the plumbing of a system. This is my first ever tank I'm setting up.

Anyways the drain line is pretty simple just a hose from the outlet to the inlet in the sump model 3. Its the return thats bugging me. My LFS told me to run both a UV Sterilizer and ionizer (ECO Aqualizer 75). Now the main return pump is a rio 2500 and before you start bashing it, it was my choice so I'll see how it goes. Anyways at 5 feet of head I should have plenty of flow going back into the tank but I was told to run the UV off of a sepreate pump.

The way I have this visioned is a hose coming off the return pump going into the Aqualizer and up towards the return tube and a hose coming of the UV pump going into the UV and up towards the return tube. Now do I connect these two lines with a tee and then go into the return tube? If I do that am I going to lose alot of flow? By the way the pump i'm useing for the UV is a maxi-jet 400. Does anybody maybe have this drawn out or a picture of theirs so I can see what this looks like? Thanks in advance.