PDA

View Full Version : 27 bucks for 160 gallon salt bucket.. am i ok

goda
04/18/2006, 03:05 PM
i jsut went to big als and they had 160 gallon salt bucket for 27 bucks
the rest of the salt there for same size bucket is 60 bucks or more (different brands)

why was the IO salt so cheep? could it be bad salt that they are selling.. didnt io have a bad batcha while back... thank that this is what it is theya re trying to get rid of the bad stuff so they sell it with out telling... i dotn trust big als they seem very dishonest and highly over priced... a nother reason im worried. 27 bucks is under priced not typical for them

anyways i got some cause i ccouldent pass up the deal... so what should i test the salt for to check if its ok...... iif it isnt i plan to raise hell at the store since there return policy sucks and i know they wont refund me lol

mike89t
04/18/2006, 03:18 PM
I pay about $36 for the IO buckets.

Best salt for the price IMO. $27 does seem cheap. Did you ask why it was so cheap?

Pillz
04/18/2006, 03:26 PM
people think IO salt isnt great and what not, the GA aquarium uses it.. I didnt just hear that either, I actually saw the huge pallets of salt in the back.

Ti
04/18/2006, 03:44 PM
nothing wrong with it, plenty of people use it.

whiteshark
04/18/2006, 03:48 PM
It is a little low in calcium. Other than that I hear of a lot of people using it with success.

Pete1399
04/18/2006, 03:49 PM
i USE WITH PERFECT LEVELS

goda
04/18/2006, 03:52 PM
oh no i love IO i never use anything else. but iv never gotten it so cheep and the price is what concerned me. i was thinking they were scamming me. tyring to get rid of a bad batch without saying it was bad

reef crystals were 57 buck there. and another brand . tropic marine or somthing was 80 bucks.... so with such high prices i think youd be worried about why its so cheep .

anyways i guess i gotta get an alk kit to test it ... off to the GOOD lfs now ( had a gift certificat to bi gals.. eerrrr i mean big als. :P

goda
04/18/2006, 03:55 PM
oh reason they said it was so cheep was because they bought it in bulk.... ( they been buyng bulk for a year and just now it would cause the price to drop that much... uhuh tell the truth)

wasnt there somthing about io and a new manufacturue and somthing like the 160s had a bad batch and there was a way to tell by looking at the colors on the bucket.... or was that kent

yeame
04/18/2006, 07:43 PM
switched from tropic marine to instant ocean 2 years ago it takes more salt but it works for me

goda
04/18/2006, 08:06 PM
seems like no one understood what i was asking so i give up lol

we all know io usualy kicks butt