PDA

View Full Version : okay...there is a first time for everything!

bergzy
04/18/2006, 10:53 PM
my oxy has been losing color and cant figure out why.

it is a deep forest green one with purple eyes...

i have had it for about two months as was going like a champ until recently when i noticed that the deep green is browning out.

i have tried almost everything...higher light, lower light, medium flow, low flow...

the browning continues...it is almost behaving like some of my sps that brown out...

other than that...the coral seems healthy... with no tissue loss...

thanks y'all! :)

xdusty6920
04/19/2006, 08:47 PM
there are alot of factors that can and do contribute to corals "browning out". unstable params, inappropriate flow, inadequate lighting, unacceptable params, etc. some advice i can give you is to just do nothing. you say that in 2 months time youve exposed it to several different flow and lighting arrangements. all though im sure you have the corals best intrest in mind, the constant moving is deffinently not helping the situation. find a nice medium for it. since i own that very coral i can tell you halfway up the tank with some flow (but not direct) is what keeps mine happy. allow it to sit in the same spot for several months and 9 times out of ten it will eventually start picking its color back up. its all about the patients. good luck and keep us posted.

bergzy
04/19/2006, 11:15 PM
that's about what i thought but needed to hear it from someone else.

all my other echino's have grown like a champ despite my constant (and i mean constant) rearranging the rockscape.

i guess this deep green one is just a little mosre sensitive than other echino's when it comes to being shuffled about!

thanks for the confirmation! :)

JenDub
04/19/2006, 11:40 PM
hey Ben,

Is it an sps tank? The water might be too clean, they like lots of dissolved organics...mmmmmh disolved organics hehe

~Charles~

bergzy
04/20/2006, 10:33 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7211474#post7211474 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JenDub
hey Ben,

Is it an sps tank? The water might be too clean, they like lots of dissolved organics...mmmmmh disolved organics hehe

~Charles~

yep, it's a tank on a full blown zeovit system and methodology. i think there is most likely zero to zero to, umm, zero doc's in my tank.

my tank water has gone from crystal clear with ozone to transparent with zeo and no ozone.

i guess i will drop some lps amino acids made by zeovit, of course, unless you know of another amino acid that will do the job!

jaypainter24
04/21/2006, 02:42 PM
Just ask Barry Bonds for some roids. I bet he has extra since he's not using them LOL LOL LOL