PDA

View Full Version : Gen-x n/w pumps

Charlie Davidson
04/19/2006, 08:06 AM
I have bought several gen-x pumps from you, all have worked great. untill the last one. I bought a 1000, to try on a small (finnix)skimmer I bought from you years ago. the pump is very loud and IMHO couldn't make foam in a pitcher of beer :D Defective?
Also have a 2400, I broke the 1/2 mpt x 1/2 barbed fitting on the disharge :( Do you guys have any? the ones at local Hardware throttle down the flow too much..

Jeremy B.
04/19/2006, 08:18 AM
Hi,

Make sure the impeller is not bound up inside the housing there. We have the same exact pump running on a small hang-on skimmer, and every now and then the impeller will bind up, and you have to remove the front cap and reset it. THis is most likely the case if it is not pumping any water.

If it is pumping water but no air is being injected then make sure nothing is clogged in the venturi. Run a very small screw driver through the hole, or a small drill bit to make sure it is cleaned out.

Unfortunately we do not have those fittings in stock. You might try giving Pacific Coast a call directly as they should have some in stock. Their phone number is 503-982-6700.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Charlie Davidson
04/19/2006, 08:34 AM
Jeremy, Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, I have checked these things, BTW, is yours loud? (3x louder that say the 2400 or 600) one thing I didn't check was making sure the venturi was completly pushed up into pump (air hole was clear)

Charlie Davidson
04/19/2006, 08:50 AM
Oh yeh, do the 2400s still have the little push on cap venturi? (like the 1000)

Jeremy B.
04/19/2006, 01:08 PM
It is fairly loud, however it's within reason though.

The 2400 does have that little push in venturi like the 1000 does.

Thanks,
Jeremy