PDA

View Full Version : may i add more fish now..

doox00
04/19/2006, 10:38 AM
I have had my tank up for a couple months now (2-2.5 months now). I have 120ish lbs of live rock, 90g tank with 30g sump, fuge, asm skimmer etc. ammonia/nitrite/nitrates have been good since day 1 (was cured rock purchased locally). I have 2 tank raised true percs in there now, been in for a month I would say.

I want to add my next fish (a pair of purple firefish) I think is next on the list... but one thing about my clowns that concerns me, sometimes.. and normally only notice this when just the actinics are on.. I see white dots.. like once a week I notice it.. not alot of them.. but half a dozen little white specs.. and the next day I do not see them anymore.. was thinking ich.. but for how rare I see the spots.. would it be ich? I had the clowns in qt for a week until my qt tank leaked all over the place and had to put them in the 90g (I have since put up a new qt tank).

It okay you think to pick up a couple fish to start qt process or any other recommendations with my concern on my clowns?

sean_w_mcgrath
04/19/2006, 12:53 PM
Any chance you have a lot of microbubbles in your tank and they are sticking to your fish? Last night Iwas fooling around with my skimmer and ended up flooding my tank with microbubbles....some of which stuck to my firefish....but were gone shortly after.

doox00
04/19/2006, 01:00 PM
it could be, but they always seem to be in the same exact spots, just below the fin on its back, in that area. I will keep watching and see if it turns into anything else, going to hold off on more fish until I know its nothing.

Amy83820
04/19/2006, 02:27 PM
I had a similar problem with my 6-line wrasse. The LFS said that sometimes that is a minor problem with the fish's scales. They said it would correct itself..and it did! Is your fish rubbing up against things (like it's scratching) at all? I know that is a sign of ich...