PDA

View Full Version : Pair of royal grammas?

mr bubbles
04/19/2006, 08:28 PM
I picked up a pair of royal grammas from my LFS yesterday without warning from the staff that they might not be compatible together in a smaller tank. upon my research after the fact, i have discovered that this may be a bad idea.

i have a 12g aquapod with 13.5 lbs LR with lots of hiding places. water parameters and such are good and they seem to be doing well and eating the masses of amphipods accumulated in the tank. i am worried that this isnt enough space for them and they'll get too aggressive and territorial. i'd appreciate some input on whether or not i need to separate them. i'll try to get pics of them soon.

ReefNutPA
04/19/2006, 08:42 PM
IMO, two in the same tank....especially such a small tank... is a bad idea. I would take one back. I've had my royal gramma for quite a few years. It's very large now and quite aggressive towards any new addition. Personally, I wouldn't put any gramma in a 12g tank.

Tom

mr bubbles
04/19/2006, 09:03 PM
thats what i was afraid of. they're a less expensive fish so i was going to start off with them to see how well i was doing. i dont want to go buying expensive fish and corals yet, i'm planning on moving the tank in about a month. i think i'll have to take one back.