PDA

View Full Version : Red Ric Yuma!!!!!!!

Shawnts106
04/19/2006, 09:01 PM
hey you guys, Im getting a red ricordia yuma, yes the rare kind...
and was wondering how many others had one? and if there are any special care requirements for them... or is it just standard Ric Care?

Will post some pics asap, which will probably be either fri/sat

lets hear it people! haha

All Delight
04/20/2006, 11:34 AM
I have 4 of them. Typical care for yumas. I feed it mysis every now and then.

Quatro
04/20/2006, 10:49 PM
All Delight,

Your lucky, I've GONE through like 4 of them.

Best advice, acclimate! GET AQUACULTURED YUMA (like a frag from a friend or something), and slow drip, bottom of tank, slower flow (like a little flow, not too much tho), and partly shaded.

Luck to ya!

Bryan Thompson
04/21/2006, 08:44 AM
The key to a red yuma is two parts. First it is getting a healthy one and then acclimation.

Since they are so rare they are not usually sold as colonies. They break up the rocks to remove each yuma. This can damage the ricordia. Several do not recover from the damage. It takes 2-4 weeks for the ricordia to show signs from this damage. It usually starts with an open mouth and then rots from the inside out. We usually hold ours for 4 weeks to ensure they are healthy.

Slow drip acclimation is best. Once it is acclimated place it lower in the tank with moderate flow. After a few weeks you can start to move it up in the tank.

These are awesome corals that can thrive in your tank if you get a healthy one and take care with its introduction.

Bryan

Shawnts106
04/21/2006, 07:12 PM
Well they sent 10 on a rock, they range in size from the size of a dime to the size of a half dollar...
they are super orange... and fairly healthy right now... they acted fine, UNFORTUNATLY I didnt know to acclimate them slowly due to stress, but they got acclimated the (standard) way.... dip and 15mins and release blah blah blah, anyway They perked up very quickly and where bloomed within a half hour or so...

they are Yumas but not red, like the ones I was wanting...

Im assumeing that the Bid Red Yumas are even rarer than the orange ones I got.....

spsboy
04/21/2006, 09:43 PM
The rare colors go in cycles. For few months the super pink ones will be rare, then the orange yuma's, and then some greenish-pink ones or something like that. Orange is a great color to have. Got any pics?
Drew

Elite
04/22/2006, 12:54 AM
How about some pics??

All Delight
04/22/2006, 08:00 PM
I'll post some pics of mine in a little bit.

Shawnts106
04/22/2006, 08:39 PM
No, I unfortunatly have no pictures of them, they are at my work, which they are for sale...

I believe there are 6 large quarter sized ones and 4 small maybe... pinky nail sized and they cost us WHOLESALE: $210...!!!

Quatro
04/22/2006, 08:51 PM
Would love to see pics of yours All Delight.

Shawnts106,

Wow, that seems really expensive for wholeale. I got a rock with about 10 bright orange yumas for less than that retail!

All Delight
04/23/2006, 12:21 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/AllDelight000/IMG_3272-1.jpg

Here's pic of two of them

Chaotic Reefer4u
04/23/2006, 08:10 AM
shweetness...

Shawnts106
04/23/2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah I know.... We are NOT HAPPY about it!

The sales rep. told us that each rep. is ONLY allotted 2 shrooms...
and then he goes and sends us 1 rock with 10 total on it!

WTM! ( what the mess! )...

Something is fishy!...

We are trying to get down to the bottom of this...

These are almost that red... but not quite... they have a bit more orange in them under XM 20K 400W's...

Geeze, they are BEAUTIFUL though, but that price can NOT be correct!

I have seen at another store here in Birmingham Alabama, 2 Red Yumas that are the size of baseballs ...

Is that a yuma... just really large?
or something else???