PDA

View Full Version : Tang Choice?

edwar050
04/20/2006, 12:35 AM
120 with two seio 1500's, MH+VHO - Valentini Puffer, Chromis, Green Mandarin, Purple Firefish, two B&W Ocellaris, and Bi-Color Blenny "all are small". I would like to add 3 anthias, midas blenny possibly or jawfish, and a center piece tang. Leaning towards achilles and picking up a smaller one. Any advice on which sizes to choose from to select best health?

Regal?
Powder Blue?
Achilles?
White Cheek?

Which tang out of the group is least likely to be an ich magnet and the least aggressive? This will be my first experience keeping a tang and this will be kicking off my in depth research of each species before making my selection. Any Advice as to quarantining? TIA

_K_E_P_
04/20/2006, 12:40 AM
Don't know much about the other types but Powder Blue is one of the worst for ich. Have you had any ich in your tank before?

edwar050
04/20/2006, 12:46 AM
Nope my tanks totally ich free

XeniaMania
04/20/2006, 03:34 AM
If you've never quarantined before, chances are your fish are immune to the Ich in your tank. Regals are notorious for being Ich magnets as well. I'm surprised you don't have any of the Zebrasomas listed as a choice, I think they're the best as a first time tang keeper, but that could be biased since the Sailfin has always been my choice of tang.