PDA

View Full Version : Need Immediate Help

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 02:45 PM
I need instructions for solving the following problem. Please do not skip any steps. Thanks...

On the back of my tank is a small black box with a tube attached to it that runs into the smaller tank below. A curved tube runs from the tank to this black box. I accidentally removed this tube earlier and since then I have not been able to get the water to run up the curve and into the black tank again. A friend of mine told me to get a small tube and suck the water until it gets close to my mouth and then turn on the pump and put the tube into the black box or something. I am not very science-oriented but I definitely need help on this asap. Everything is off right now but I need to get it back running again as soon as possible thanks.

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 02:51 PM
still need help...

Nu2SW
04/20/2006, 02:53 PM
Pictures, need pictures so we can see what your taking about

Toddrtrex
04/20/2006, 02:55 PM
What your friend said is correct. I am assuming it is a "U" tube. Take it out, insert the an airline tube into it -- until the end of the airline tube is at the apex. Place them both back. Make sure both ends of the "U" tube are underwater. Suck out the air through the airline tube.

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 02:56 PM
i already got shocked twice from plugging the darn cord back in after water flowed over the top... trying to get pix...

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 02:57 PM
thanks hippie todd. i think i'll go try it. if i don't come back i got shocked again

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 03:01 PM
ok guys.. tried it again didn't get shocked that bad. the smaller tube i ran all the way through sucked up the water what do i do once i have the water close to my mouth?

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 03:05 PM
ok. the apex. trying again. now it even makes a little sense...

ONEMANBAND
04/20/2006, 03:09 PM
first get the small tube in the u-tube ready to start the siphon.
then turn on your return pump, once the water level gets over the teeth of the small box, then start sucking on the small tube, it will take the air out of the u-tube and the suction will start.

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 03:10 PM
ok idiot guy got it to work. i hate being a moron. really i just work too much

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 03:11 PM
thanks everybody esp. hippie Todd - thanks also one man band and also thank you to nu2sw and my friend

Sk8r
04/20/2006, 03:11 PM
That's right---what you have to do is suck the water just over the hump without swallowing any. If you should get it in your mouth, do not swallow: just hold it patiently until the siphon starts, then go spit somewhere and chase with either Listerine or Scotch, according to your personal preference.

Toddrtrex
04/20/2006, 03:12 PM
Glad it worked for you. :)

rochestertank
04/20/2006, 03:22 PM
yeah i used dollar store listerine a few times. oh yeah and i drank that crap about 5 times and was spitting into the siphon tank. sorry fishes.