PDA

View Full Version : Question About Coral Beauty & Diamond Goby Hiding Out

JusJim
04/20/2006, 03:37 PM
I added a Coral Beauty Angel Fish and a Diamond Goby Late yesterday Afternoon (Just over 24 hours ago)......Haven't seen the Goby since, and the Coral Beauty is mostly staying in "caves" in the live rock.

I added a Diamond Goby a couple of weeks ago, that got out of the tank. When I added that one, it dug a hole, but was out and about within a couple hours, and then was spending several hours a day out towards the front of the tank.

I know the Goby will burrow in the sand and such, but is it common to disappear for this long?

I have 100# of live rock with lots of caves built....the Coral Beauty is spending most of its time back in the rock. Will it eventually spend more time out where we can see it?

jgoodrich71
04/20/2006, 03:53 PM
It's not usnusual. Some fish just take longer to feel comfortable than others. No worries.

sage1970
04/20/2006, 06:59 PM
They just haven't adjusted to the new areas yet.

Give them a little time and they will be out and about.

L and L
04/20/2006, 07:28 PM
I've got a Coral Beauty in both of my tanks. Beautiful fish. The one in the reef tank comes out and swims all over the place. The one in the fish only tank hids and only comes out if you are really still. oh yeah... the reef tank CB was just put in there two weeks ago and the CB in the fish only has been in there for a year.

I take it that some are intraverts and some extraverts.... just like people =)

kappaknight
04/21/2006, 09:36 AM
Does your CB eat any of your corals? I'm thinking about getting one for my reef tank mostly filled with zoas and some SPS.

L and L
04/21/2006, 02:34 PM
Hasn't eaten any corals so far (only two weeks). I've got SPS, LPS, mushrooms, zoos, and softies.

I just made sure that it was fed good. I'm a heavy feeder. =)