PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angels hide alot at first?

falconut
04/20/2006, 08:03 PM
I added a Flame Angel to my display and into the rocks he went. I could see him occationally swimming by a hole or peaking out.

Now the next day I can't find him. I have stared at the tank for about 10 minutes at a time and see no signs of him. I checked all around the tank to make sure he didn't jump out some how.

Is this normal behavior for these fish to hide in the begining? When I first added him to my QT, he would swim only when I wasn't in the room and hide the second he saw me. But now I don't even see a sign of him.

In QT he was eating like a pig, flakes, mysis & brine, so hopefully he's just adjusting. Is this possible?

frederickk
04/20/2006, 08:35 PM
It is quite normal for a flame angel to do so. I use to have one and the minute I throw it in he went hidding for a few days and coming back to get is meals.

FavaBean
04/20/2006, 08:53 PM
I have had one and it ws very shy at first. After a couple of days it would come out alot more

falconut
04/20/2006, 09:14 PM
I understand they are shy, but can they hide to the point of not being seen at all? Did your angels hide completely at first?

I do have alot of hiding places though. I have a coral banded shrimp who I never see during the day, he only comes out during the night.

frederickk
04/21/2006, 05:20 AM
Yes they do hide at the point that you won't see him at all during the day.Once, It took me more than 10 minutes to find out where he was.

falconut
04/21/2006, 05:21 AM
Thanks. I was starting to think it died.