PDA

View Full Version : what in the world is on my mushrooms

ben&bobbi
04/20/2006, 08:22 PM
ok, at first we thought these were new mushrooms, never seen it before, but we don't have many of these mushrooms. these are green striped mushrooms. sorry for bad pic - send tips to improve!

until tonight. i just added some flake to my tank and these things started moving!!!!! one of the snails came out of the sand and touch one with it's snorkle and it darted across the mushroom! they move like fast slugs or something!

they look like flat maroon (like everything in my tank) transparent flat i-don't-know-whats!

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/20025DSC00469.JPG

nanoreefs415
04/20/2006, 08:35 PM
they look like flatworms to me. i had some once and they were a pain to get rid of.

Bryan Thompson
04/21/2006, 08:51 AM
Give it a freshwater dip. They are flatworms. Remove the rock from the tank and swirl it in freshwater for about 2 minutes. You will see the flatworms drop off.

Bryan

rustybucket145
04/21/2006, 08:55 AM
I have never had flatworms but I have heard numerous horror stories about them. Good Luck. Some people seem to have luck with Flatworm Exit. But I have no experience with it so be sure to do some research before you add it to your tank.

ben&bobbi
04/22/2006, 07:25 PM
did the dip, they washed right off. been looking and using a baser to get a few stragglers from other mushrooms.

looking in my refug, i see thigs that could be the same. they look like oval shaped bodies with a "tail" on each side, kinda like a horseshoe crab without a tail. i'll try to get a pic if needed.