PDA

View Full Version : Reef Pumps??!

hydro52
04/20/2006, 09:57 PM
I understand the need for good circulation, but for the life of me cannot understand how people are setting it up. As I understand it, some are using powerheads and others are using external pumps. Any help??! I have a 55 gallon equipment.

What about changing the flow direction to mimic tidal actions??

unimike
04/20/2006, 10:22 PM
couple of simple powerheads can provide you a good water circulation or you can go for the wave maker device

Hop
04/20/2006, 10:37 PM
Read... Read and read my young jedi.

The ways of doing it are endless... There are tons of products that can do it. You really are only limited by your imagination.... and budget.

There are wave makers used with powerheads, closed loop designs, inline flow directors, system controllers....

I could go one and on, but really, just look around at tank building logs here, in the reef discussion board and the large tank forum. It'll make your head spin:)

jeffb3t
04/21/2006, 03:20 AM
That is an understatement about the info on the large tank forum. Sooooo many ideas to kick around.

PatMayo
04/22/2006, 12:17 AM
You can look at this thread and see how some powerheads are in my tank and mounted to mag floats.

Regards,

Pat

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=780206&perpage=25&pagenumber=2