PDA

View Full Version : PURA PhosLock, Rowaphos, Phosban

mschriskim
04/20/2006, 10:17 PM
Ok, I think I have read enough but let me know if I miss any.

I am about to add Phosban reactor with media and have searched enough on internet for following medias
PURA PhosLock, Rowaphos, Phosban

I have seen a post somewhere for between Phosban and Rowaphos seems like Rowaphos works better but much more expensive...

But not much I could find about PURA PhosLock...?

Does anyone using them? also does anyone have infos between PURA PhosLock, Rowaphos, Phosban?

I heard I should start slow as it could cause RTN issue if I do it full from begining.

Ti
04/21/2006, 09:41 AM
PURA is a new product, so not much about it yet.
Get Rowa.

worlds under
04/21/2006, 09:57 AM
Rowa and PURA is almost the same I have swiched to PURA because of cost.
if not an issue RROOWWAA!

mschriskim
04/21/2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for input Ti and worlds under.

According to some reading PURA also come from Germany just like Rowaphos and want to hear from users who might have used both : )

chadfarmer
04/21/2006, 05:26 PM
pura is the smallest grains of the them all (have to run the reactor slower than the rest

phosban same size as rowa phos

rowas same size

out of them all you will not loose , i run between 25-30 gph threw 1 lb of pura and all the rest and never had a kh problem

mschriskim
04/21/2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks chadfarmer

I guess as there is still few phoslock users I feel much better... I just ordered phoslock than rowaphos due to cost...

ReefSalt
04/22/2006, 09:46 AM
You made a good choice,
You saved your money by not purchasing the ROWA ,which is the same product as PURA PHOSLOCK Beta Hydrated GFO, and made in Germany. I have been using it for some time now and used ROWA before absolutly no difference,

Ti
04/22/2006, 10:22 AM
phosguard has worked best for me though