PDA

View Full Version : pump question

saltylake
04/21/2006, 09:33 AM
Hello Everyone,
I haven't been around lately due to work and other commitments.
I am doing a full upgrade of my 125 tank and need advice on a pump to return water from my new sump to the tank.

These are a few of the new toys I purchased.

1. UV (Aquamedic)
2. APF 600 Skimmer (Deltec)
3. 30 gallon custom sump
4. 2 Tunze power heads with controller

I have no idea what pump to get?
I also decide to go bare bottom...

I am going to be upgrading and working on the tank a week from Monday so I need to get my pump ordered of the net ASAP.
Does anyone have any good connections on where to purchase a pump for cheaper?
Flamehawk?
Chris?

Thanks guys in advance for the advice and guidance.
Take care.

chrisaggie
04/21/2006, 11:03 AM
I like the pan world pumps. The panworld 100 would be a good pump for your tank. I think custom aquatics is about the cheapest.

saltylake
04/21/2006, 11:06 AM
Chris,

I am not looking for the cheapest.
Something that is quality.

chrisaggie
04/21/2006, 11:18 AM
Pan world are not cheap. They are very well built. I just meant that custom aquatics was the cheapest place to get them. :)

saltylake
04/21/2006, 11:20 AM
ok

Bullredchaser
04/21/2006, 09:40 PM
Pan World are the quitest and I love mine.Plus they seem to actually pump what they say they are rated for.It's pretty much a modern version of the Iwaki pumps minus the noise.I'd get the 100px-x if I was you.

Rogger Castells
04/21/2006, 10:05 PM
I have always use Iwaki and have never have a problem with a single one of them, in my opinion I wil go with a smaller pump like the iwaki 40, you will have a pump for many years, I don't see the need for a more powerful pump that all is going to do is create microbubbles, specially since you have those tunze streams, I have seen them workin and I must say they are more than anyone could need in that size tank.