PDA

View Full Version : OT: Drywall = Fishtank Setup

DontTellMyWife
04/21/2006, 10:47 AM
Well, I have just gotten a 90 gallon RR with stand and misc. equipment, so I'm extremely excited to get it set up. The problem is that the basement needs to get finished before my wife will allow the setup to happen. The framing is done, insulation is up, and we have put the big drywall pieces up on the ceiling. Unfortunately, I just don't have time to finish the drywall (it's been sitting in its current state for several months now). Does anyone know of any drywallers I could talk to who would do a basement for a reasonable price (I realize that is very subjective. . .)?

Anyhow, I'm hoping to get this done soon, so if anyone has any names, let me know. Thanks!!!!

jmkarcz
04/22/2006, 08:30 PM
No, but if you want a hand for a couple hours, drop me a pm. I'll donate some time... usually avail on weds after 5 - 9-10pm...

If that helps.

Jason

I know some alaround handy guys... but they work slow, and I don't trust em.

mako56
04/22/2006, 09:31 PM
I have a texture gun. Did my basement with it and it does a good job of hiding all those amature mistakes :lol: . I think it turned out pretty good.

DontTellMyWife
04/24/2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks Jason and Mike! I'll let you know if I'll need your help or your texture gun. I really appreciate the offers!

jmkarcz
04/24/2006, 01:15 PM
Just had a plaster guy in the store here. Said hs's got time and needs to keep his guys working... give em a call... Greg - 920 468 8567 and cell 920 676 6330

Tell him Jason @ Hockers sent you for a free estimate.

J

DontTellMyWife
04/24/2006, 01:55 PM
Wow Jason, thanks for the help! I'll give him a call.

You know, it's actually your fault that I'm getting back into reef tanks. My mom went to Hockers to get some brick for their new house, and somehow she got talking to you about reef tanks. You gave her the reefcentral site and the FVRC club name. Anyhow, now I'm hooked back into it. So, when my wife yells at me for spending a ton on this stuff, I'll just tell her it's your fault. :D Don't worry though, she won't go looking for you because I'm such an easy target. :fun2:

Thanks again for your help, Jason. And thanks for getting me the reefcentral info.

Adam

jmkarcz
04/25/2006, 07:06 AM
Yeah, it's that spending a ton that hurts... I only spend 1/2 a ton, that's why my success is so limited.

I apologize for the referral. I have condemned a few individuals to poverty and heartache with the wife. The good news for me is that fragging has saved more of my wallet than the last time I went reef. Now, I can buy bit and pieces, and watch. I probably have 3-400$ in corals and they are living... as opposed to the 1000+ last time and they all died. The right equiptment makes a difference to, and some of the headaches when I learned to drill my own tanks. (no more overflowing tanks)

I loved my hobby so much, I had to buy a house... doing this hobby on a seroius scale out of an apartment is like trying to tie your shoes with one hand.

Jason