PDA

View Full Version : NFMA - It's not about corals

reefkeeps
04/22/2006, 05:38 AM
Is it me or does this club have a lot of Drama? Seems like a day time TV show to me......

Your thoughts?

marineduud
04/22/2006, 05:49 AM
DITTO Chris I'm with ya on that, but I'm all about the Corals !

ReefNeck
04/22/2006, 05:53 AM
I turned in my Actor's Guild Card when it started becoming a Soap Opera.

I'm just in it for the friends I have made and the Corals. :)

I could type a list of the members I call friends now but it would take a while. You all know who you are. :)

Lot's of great people, Just some read things the wrong way sometimes. (Myself included).

joseph
04/22/2006, 08:31 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7225016#post7225016 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkeeps
Is it me or does this club have a lot of Drama? Seems like a day time TV show to me......

Reefkeeps - I think that your statement pretty much sums up the feelings of a lot of people. There is way too much drama. This hobby is supposed to be fun and relaxing....

GoldStripe
04/22/2006, 09:13 AM
I agree Joseph. But there is something entertaining about watching the mudslinging. But it does get a little mind numbing sometimes. I just watch the "last posted by" and if I'm not in the mood for it I don't click there.

Although, it is kind of like a train wreck, hard to take your eyes off it. Anyhow, hope to see everyone at the meeting, should be fun.

reefkeeps
04/22/2006, 02:14 PM
Sorry had to skip out on the meeting, hope it was Drama free =)

reelfreak
04/22/2006, 04:12 PM
I wish I could make the meetings but work is usually in the way. None the less I still have met several of the members, either during private gatherings or at LFS.

I agree w/ Dan about the Trainwreck theory here though.

I can tell you that I am as into my tank as ever right now though, so I still have to come here to hang out and see "what's going on locally".

The people I have met are great people, keeps me coming back to this club forum. I guess I'm kind of an outsider to the club, but hope to contribute to it positively anyways.

nikonosis
04/22/2006, 07:29 PM
sorry for all the drama i caused lately, im done with it, i promise. it was meant to be funny/fun but it got out of hand. sorry once again.

reefkeeps
04/22/2006, 07:35 PM
'Local Argument Quiter' ...................nice!

nikonosis
04/22/2006, 07:38 PM
lol im seriously done with it, it was a good laugh for awhile, its boring now and makes too many people mad. i rather just talk fish and corals.

mecold
04/22/2006, 11:00 PM
nik,

where were you today?

nikonosis
04/23/2006, 06:21 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7229538#post7229538 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mecold
nik,

where were you today?

well since we still had a baby sitter, me and my wife decided to go out to eat and just stop in at robs and get some more corals since we never get to do anything without the kids, instead of going to the meeting cause its a far drive for us.

ReefNeck
04/23/2006, 06:27 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7230288#post7230288 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nikonosis
well since we still had a baby sitter, me and my wife decided to go out to eat and just stop in at robs and get some more corals instead of going to the meeting since we didn't feel like driving 50 miles across town.

Cody, Anytime you and/or Lynn want to attend a meeting that's across town My wife and I would be glad to give you a lift.

We live near Herlong field off Normandy and Chaffee rd runs straight to middleburg. Just say the word. SSweet1 rode with us yesterday and we have a 7 passenger van so anytime.

Only exception might be in June when it's at my store since I will be working that day all day. I'm sure my wife would still pick you guys up when she comes though.

Keri

nikonosis
04/23/2006, 06:28 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7230303#post7230303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefNeck
Cody, Anytime you and/or Lynn want to attend a meeting that's across town My wife and I would be glad to give you a lift.

We live near Herlong field off Normandy and Chaffee rd runs straight to middleburg. Just say the word. SSweet1 rode with us yesterday and we have a 7 passenger van so anytime.

Only exception might be in June when it's at my store since I will be working that day all day. I'm sure my wife would still pick you guys up when she comes though.

Keri

That sounds good, thanks!
If next months meeting is on that side of town we might just do that.

mecold
04/23/2006, 09:40 AM
It's nice to have quiet time alone ;)

LadyReefNeck
04/23/2006, 11:05 AM
All I can say to that is .... AMEN! LOL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7231002#post7231002 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mecold
It's nice to have quiet time alone ;)

nikonosis
04/23/2006, 11:33 AM
it sure was nice for a change!

sea devil
04/23/2006, 02:31 PM
Dave put a post up for a ride to the meeting. chech with him next time.

nikonosis
04/23/2006, 02:51 PM
we HAVE a car. Why dont you back off us?

sea devil
04/23/2006, 04:40 PM
Sorry

reefkeeps
04/23/2006, 04:52 PM
This is a drama free thread!!!

nikonosis
04/23/2006, 05:11 PM
Your right, it is.

patharm
04/23/2006, 07:14 PM
HELLO! Dave LIVES in Middleburg, If you did not know. Sea Devil was just trying to be nice and let you know that. What is your problem. No one can say anything with out you getting out of hand and insulted. Frankly I am getting tired of it.

Maybe there is something going on between you and Sea Devil, I don't know but please don't get offended every time some tries to help you.

nikonosis
04/23/2006, 07:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7233927#post7233927 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by patharm
HELLO! Dave LIVES in Middleburg, If you did not know. Sea Devil was just trying to be nice and let you know that. What is your problem. No one can say anything with out you getting out of hand and insulted. Frankly I am getting tired of it.

Maybe there is something going on between you and Sea Devil, I don't know but please don't get offended every time some tries to help you.

that was my wife posting and she posted like that because sea devil has been pming me, calling me names, and being very rude to me/us just because we didn't go to the meeting and she is sick of it. Like I said, im done with the arguing crap, im not going to say it again. I would prefer if sea devil didn't talk to us.

patharm
04/23/2006, 07:27 PM
Well, if Sea Devil is PMing you and calling you names you should report him. Sorry I don't want to offend you, at least I know that something is going on between you and him. You might look into seeing if you can block his PMs. Regardless of what ever dumb things I might say I would not like getting rude PMs ether.

nikonosis
04/23/2006, 07:47 PM
well it was nothing against dave at all. If we had known about him offering rides we might of taken him up on it. Really the only reason we wouldn't is in case something happened with our kids, we would like to be able to leave without causing someone else to leave. Me personally im just beyond sick of all the fighting and arguing on here. Whether I started it or not, im not going to argue with anyone else, there is no point to it because everyone has their own opinion about everything and nothing will change it.

floridareefs
04/24/2006, 06:49 AM
Yikes if you report sea-devil, we wont have John from Atlantis posting again. All this moved on stuff I hope does not start again.

sea devil
04/24/2006, 08:00 AM
What I said(PM) was taken out of context. :rolleyes:

ReefNeck
04/24/2006, 08:17 AM
You know what I found.....When you read something on the forums or in email that offends you, get to know the person that typed it in person before taking it one way or another.

I did this at the meeting Saturday with MbDave after jumping on him in the forums one day. I approached him, Apologized for my comment and got to know the man behind the username. Once I saw the type of person he is I realized I had taken his comment the wrong way and he is a great guy. I enjoyed meeting him and talking with him and will take things differently in typed form from him in the future.

With Sea Devil...You have to know the man behind the username. John is a great guy. He is very straight forward and speaks his mind a lot but does not mean to offend. John responds playfully sarcastic to things and I have recently begun giving it right back to him in person. He smiles and jokes back with me. It's a lot of fun to have that type of friendship with a LFS owner that we can talk like friends, Not pulling punches and still discuss business in a professional manner.

I have not met Nik yet but I'd bet he's a good guy that like me, Has taken things the wrong way a few times due to typed format. Let's all just take anything typed with a grain of salt and give the person a chance in person to show what they are really like. I think you will find that most are really just the playful type.

Keri

dacro
04/24/2006, 10:43 AM
well said, Keri, but are u sure we are talking about the same jw? teeheehee

nikonosis
04/24/2006, 12:23 PM
Has he called you a moron, einstien, or said you live in a bubble world?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7236377#post7236377 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefNeck
You know what I found.....When you read something on the forums or in email that offends you, get to know the person that typed it in person before taking it one way or another.

I did this at the meeting Saturday with MbDave after jumping on him in the forums one day. I approached him, Apologized for my comment and got to know the man behind the username. Once I saw the type of person he is I realized I had taken his comment the wrong way and he is a great guy. I enjoyed meeting him and talking with him and will take things differently in typed form from him in the future.

With Sea Devil...You have to know the man behind the username. John is a great guy. He is very straight forward and speaks his mind a lot but does not mean to offend. John responds playfully sarcastic to things and I have recently begun giving it right back to him in person. He smiles and jokes back with me. It's a lot of fun to have that type of friendship with a LFS owner that we can talk like friends, Not pulling punches and still discuss business in a professional manner.

I have not met Nik yet but I'd bet he's a good guy that like me, Has taken things the wrong way a few times due to typed format. Let's all just take anything typed with a grain of salt and give the person a chance in person to show what they are really like. I think you will find that most are really just the playful type.

Keri

floridareefs
04/24/2006, 12:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7237650#post7237650 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nikonosis
Has he called you a moron, einstien, or said you live in a bubble world?

Who said that, John A.k.a. Sea Devil from Atlantis? Through PMS? Man that is just not cool, if thats the case. But as others have said, maybe these forums arent the best place to handle this things. Hopefully it is behind you guys at this point.

nikonosis
04/24/2006, 12:30 PM
yes it was sea devil. through pms.

nikonosis
04/24/2006, 12:37 PM
ReefNeck, I feel that way about Robs and that is why its the only LFS I will be shopping at for now on.

floridareefs
04/24/2006, 01:12 PM
Honestly Fellas, I don't know how we get into name calling? This is like a bad bad soap opera. This is suppose to be a fun informative hobby. If you dont like someones tank, no need to post negative comments. Lets see if we can refrain from negative comments for a while.

nikonosis
04/24/2006, 01:32 PM
sounds like a great idea to me.

mbdave
04/24/2006, 03:20 PM
Ok, I do live in MB I swear, I did offer rides to the meeting, John has not insulted me in PM's (but if this is a requirement we can work out an appointment, PM me John) I have shopped at Robs, but will shop at other places also....:eek: Reefneck did approach me, he did I swear, Reefneck has a wife, he is alive, reefneckwidow is a deceiving name, I will investigate:hmm2: I know where Normandy and Chaffe is........Ah now I think I'm part of the discusion :D Cant we all just get along!!!

LadyReefNeck
04/24/2006, 04:53 PM
:p :beachbum:

mbdave
04/24/2006, 05:14 PM
I know what it is!!! Reefneck is a vampire!!!! He is the undead!! Buffy stake him, stake him, steak him, steak..........mmmmmm steak! Gotta eat.

ReefNeck
04/24/2006, 06:05 PM
ROTFLMAO :rollface:

LadyReefNeck
04/24/2006, 06:19 PM
Hmmm... maybe I should change my screen name ... then noone will know me. :p

ReefNeck
04/24/2006, 06:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7239688#post7239688 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mbdave
I know what it is!!! Reefneck is a vampire!!!! He is the undead!! Buffy stake him, stake him, steak him, steak..........mmmmmm steak! Gotta eat.

MMMMMM....Steak!! Hey RNW, Get off RC and fix my dinner! :eek: :strooper:

mbdave
04/24/2006, 06:46 PM
RNW you must get a cross and garlic......mmmmmm garlic!! But seriously. Angel is a good Vampire and RN can be too.
You think maybe I watch to much TV??? :rolleyes:

Discdogge
04/24/2006, 07:15 PM
Middleburg = Dirtville

at least on my side of it, LOL

LadyReefNeck
04/24/2006, 08:06 PM
Skip the cast iron frying pan I was trying to locate to smack him with... think I'll just use a landscaping timber. :hammer: Think anyone would notice he has another head injury??? :mixed:

reefkeeps
04/26/2006, 07:47 PM
Drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!