PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the help guys

timmyus
04/23/2006, 04:01 AM
i guys I just wanna take this oppotunity to thank everyone for their imput on my first steps to my first SW tank. Everything seems to going quite well and my parameters are spot on. I got my cleanup crew first which include:

2 turbo snail Thinking of getting more later
1 dwarf hermit crab
1 Fancy Brissle star

I cycled my tank with 1 velvet blue damsel which is doing quite well and 2 days ago I introduce my first pair of Ocellaris Clowns. I was actually worried that they either would take very long to adapt or not make as they seem very stressed out. My LFS just got them in from their supplier so they were stressed already but I immediately took them before the LFS introduced them to their tanks. Which I know was risy but he gave them to me for a very good price and I thought why not. Anyways I did the drip acclimation procedure with them and when I put them in the tank I switch off all my lights and left them for a while and to my delight after about a couple of hours they seem to quite comfortable in their new surroundings. I took a shot at feeding them to see if they would eat already and man they are like PIGS I fed them some frozen brine shrimp and they went crazy. I cant wait to start intoducing more to the tank but I know patients is a virtue in this hobby so I will wait. But I would just like to Salute the guys on this forum for all the help they have given me keep up the good work guys

bjonesjr1
04/23/2006, 04:07 AM
you don't want to add to many fish at one time with a new tank... You don't want your Bio-load going overboard... Did you say you cycled your tank with the damsel in the tank ??? Hope not IMO that is cruel...

How long has your tank been set up?

How much LR do you have?

Any other clean up crew in your tank?

Keeping the lights off for a few hours I heard was a good thing to do with clownfish also, thats what I did with mine, & he is doing fine... Hopefully your cycle is over and that your clownfish won't die from adding them to quick to a new tank... But any questions you know where to ask.

timmyus
04/23/2006, 04:23 AM
I did not add them all at one time my tank has been up and running for 2 months now. The damsel I added in the tank after 2 weeks as this is what I was told to help with the cycle. I got about 10Kg live rock in the tank and still waiting on more to add. The only clean up crew I have at the moment is what I have mention and will be getting more of that too. Dont worry I have done my reaserch before starting and that is the reason for this thread is too thank everyone who helped me do it PROPERLY.

bjonesjr1
04/23/2006, 04:39 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7230124#post7230124 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by timmyus
I cycled my tank with 1 velvet blue damsel and 2 days ago I introduce my first pair of Ocellaris Clowns.

from what you said in your first post, It seems like while your tank was cycling you had added a Damsel in their, Adding any livestock to a tank is wrong when the tank is cycling, and who ever told you that was wrong.

Are you going to be adding cured LR right to your tank, or buy some thats not cured and then curing it outside of the tank before adding it to your tank???

Also caps means your yelling at some one. So keep that in mind, I was just responding to your Thread

timmyus
04/23/2006, 04:55 AM
Also caps means your yelling at some one. So keep that in mind, I was just responding to your Thread

Actually putting al exclamation mark is yelling at someone I was only pointing out that made sure it was done properly and not that everything was rush. I added this thread to thank everyone for all their help for my tank being a success so far that would indicate that everything I did was because of info I got on this forum. If you feel offended by my last reply then i am sorry it was not my intention to hurt your feelings

bjonesjr1
04/23/2006, 05:04 AM
Not from what I've seen on many threads on this website, caps is yelling... but ok their mister 61 threads and have only been on this website for 1 & 1/2 months...

And you didn't hurt my feelings, but anyhow I doubt someone told you to add a damsel to your tank while its cycling, maybe your LFS but not here...

Anyhow hope all goes well for you tank... :) :) :)

timmyus
04/23/2006, 05:55 AM
I think I would know where I got my info from and I am not saying that everyone on this forum told me to do or that it is everyones opinion to do it. Everyone is entitled to have his or her opinion and I got quite a few when I asked for advised when I started the tank with Live rock and was told I could add damsel to help with cycle as they are quite hardy fishes and it would not cause any harm. but if you are calling me a liar then I am offended

ej1698
04/23/2006, 11:01 AM
Hey Tim,

looks like your doing a great job for your first SW tank, just remember there is really no cured live rock unless you get it from you LFS down the street that has had the rock in their tank for a while { no die off} if you order live rock you still have to re-cure it when you get it...don't care what they say that it is cured. Keep up the good work!!

EJ

timmyus
04/24/2006, 05:36 AM
Thanks EJ1698