PDA

View Full Version : New Elegance

racer69
04/23/2006, 05:28 PM
Well after seeing Russ' elegance coral that is two years old I was in love (don't tell Jodi). So I just happen to go to Mr. Aqua to pick up a fairy wrasse, which is hiding/hosting my pom pom xenia, and right there in his sps tank is an elegance just like the one Russ has. Well John said he has had it for about 2 months so I bought it. Everything I have read says that they are a hard coral to keep, but you never know how well you are doing as a reefer if you don't try some of the hard to keep corals.

Now after comparing tank parameters with Russ, ours are almost identical with the only difference being he uses Kent salt, and I use IO. So here is a picture of this beauty. It is a little bigger than the one Russ has and I need to get Joe to help me with my picture taking, but you get the idea.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/77107elegance-med.jpg

Deuce67
04/23/2006, 05:55 PM
Nice elegance Todd! I remember buying mine at Seascape 2 years ago along with a bubble coral. Bubble lasted about a month and is long gone. About 3 or 4 time a year, my elegance will shrivel up for about 2 to 3 days and always come back. I never target feed it either. You are really good with your husbandry so I know yours will do well!

racer69
04/23/2006, 07:21 PM
Russ, does yours shrink back after a water change? I did a change this afternoon and it has retracted quite a bit. I wonder if it is just the change in the ph. It was huge all day until the water change though.

Deuce67
04/23/2006, 07:26 PM
To tell you the truth, Im not sure what my corals do after a water change. I normally do WC every Sunday at 4am. yes thats 4am! Lights come on at 9am and everything seems fine.

racer69
04/23/2006, 07:33 PM
Jeshhh!! That's too early for anything to show life especially me.

Crit21
04/24/2006, 11:38 AM
Seascape sells corals???

Deuce67
04/24/2006, 12:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7237377#post7237377 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Crit21
Seascape sells corals???

Dan, Im not sure if you are but, are you being sarcastic? If not, I apologize. Yes, Seascape sells corals. Not a big selection and mainly softies and LPS.

Joe69
04/26/2006, 08:34 PM
Nice looking coral Todd, I'm glad its doing well for you. I will try and get by in the next week or so to see it again.

Crit21
04/27/2006, 08:30 AM
Sorry, Russ, but lately when anyone says corals I immediately think SPS. I haven't been there in a few months, so I wasn't sure if you were saying that they put in a new coral tank. You're right. They do have a lot of softies and a few LPS. My bad.

Deuce67
05/14/2006, 03:57 PM
Bad news on my elegance. Looks like mine is starting to die. I treated the tank with flatworm exit last week and it shriveled up. I still has not opened yet. I treated for flatworms in the past and it always opened right back up. How is yours doing Todd?

racer69
05/16/2006, 07:53 PM
Mine hasn't been looking to good either. I have been gone all weekend and moved him up higher in the tank before I left. Now it looks more like an open brain than an elegance. The tentacles a extremely short. I don't know what to do.

Leopard Wrasse
05/18/2006, 01:23 PM
I think Elegance Corals are supposed to be kept on
the sandbed, that is where the are naturally found.