PDA

View Full Version : Lemnalia

Riptide10
04/24/2006, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know much about this coral? My LFS has a purple that I have on hold. The owner said it should do OK in my tank but I'm wondering what anyone else might have to add.

I have 220W of power compact lighting. 50g tank.

How close to the lights should this thing be? How about current? Strong or slow? Thanks

DJ88©
04/24/2006, 03:48 PM
[moved]

Riptide10
04/25/2006, 07:49 AM
*bump*

Anyone? It's hard to find good information on this coral.

gh0st
05/02/2006, 03:52 PM
They tend to be a bit touchy at first, but once settled in are fairly hardy.

They prefer low to moderate light and strong diffuse water flow and good water quality. They don't like a direct blast from powerheads, etc, but if you diffuse the flow by bouncing the powerhead output off of rocks, or the side of the tank, it is much more to their liking.

They are only partially photosynthetic, so occasional Phyto feeding is a must in my opinon.

In your tank (I'm assuming you probably have about 110 watts of 10k and 110 actinic) I'd probably keep him mid to low in the tank.

I'm keeping one in a 55 gal with a three bulb VHO setup. One 110 watt 50/50 bulb and two 110 watt Actinics, so I've got about 55 watts of 10k and my lemnalia is doing well in the mid to upper region of the tank.

They are worth the little bit of extra effort as they are beautiful corals. Kind of like an easier Carnation Coral.

ManEatingGuppy
05/02/2006, 04:44 PM
i jsut asked about this coral in the soft coral forum.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=836163
hope this helps in anyway, mines doing great, i put it about a feet away from my power head, its getting direct flow but its not strong, i consider it moderate flow. ive only had it about 4 days now so i dont know much about this coral so i cant tell u much.