PDA

View Full Version : Need help with stocking tank.

CrOsSwIrE
04/24/2006, 02:53 PM
I'm getting ready to start stocking my tank next week, and plan on doing a rather slow aclimation. I just want to make sure what I'm getting will be compatable. I want to try and have a good variety of colorful fish. Btw, this going in a 125gal fowlr.

False clown percula
Maroon clown
yellow tang
purple tang
regal tang
Emperor angel
Flame angel
Copperband butterfly
Longnose butterfly

Please tell me of any conflicts, and if you have any other suggestions they would be much appreciated. Also, what order should I go with when adding the fish. There are no fish in the tank , but it is nearing full cycle.

They dont need to be reef safe, and I do have about 5 hermits, and a chocolate chip star fish.

P.S. I dont have much luck figuring out those fish charts so I'm relying on your expertise. Thanks in advance.

~mike

angelsj247
04/24/2006, 02:58 PM
clowns usually get along with there own kind.. like 2 false percs. and i dont think angels get along with any other angels either.. id look into that...
2 diffrent kind of tangs also usually dont get along...
heres a compatibily chart..
also 2 diffrent butterflies require caution also
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm

CrOsSwIrE
04/24/2006, 03:00 PM
I know that when I add the tangs, I should either put more than one in at a time or change rockwork inbetween fish.

CrOsSwIrE
04/24/2006, 10:29 PM
False clown percula
Royal Gramma
yellow tang
purple tang
regal tang
Emperor angel
Flame angel
Copperband butterfly
Foxface

Any other suggestions?

kau_cinta_ku
04/24/2006, 10:45 PM
you have alot of big fish in that tank. the yellow and purple tang won't get along due to being that they have the same body shape. and the emperor and regal will prob. fight. i would narrow your list to 1 tang, 1 angel, 2 clowns, the gramma, and either the foxface or copperband.

otterpop510
04/25/2006, 01:45 AM
i agree about the 2 tangs, if you want 2 tangs, get them from different genus as they have less chance of fighting.. or just try to put them in there (as well with the 2 angels) and see if they fight.. i have seen time and again people who had tanks work that weren't 'suppose' to work. just know that if they do start fighting that you need to take one out..

also, good idea to put both tangs in at the same time or move around the rockwork and put in at night..

tehon3299
04/25/2006, 07:01 AM
I will be stocking my 90g in a few weeks and asked many questions about what to stock together and ended up with this list...

(1) Tang - Yellow (Zebrasoma flavescens)
(1) Angelfish - Flame (Centropyge loriculus)
(2) Clownfish - Ocellaris (Amphiprion ocellaris)
(2) Goby - Purple Firefish (Nemateleotris decora)
(1) Wrasse - Six Line - (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia)

HTH :)

yoboyjdizz
04/25/2006, 01:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7242007#post7242007 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CrOsSwIrE
False clown percula
Royal Gramma
yellow tang
purple tang
regal tang
Emperor angel
Flame angel
Copperband butterfly
Foxface

Any other suggestions?

i would get a pair of clown fish, forget about the imperator angel it would get too big and demand alot of room also the regal tang not regal angel fish that everyone thinks u want will get really big as well and might be a lil cramped, if you go with both the yellow and purple add them at the same time it could work or it could not.. the rest look fine good luck!