PDA

View Full Version : return pump failure

Badkharma
04/24/2006, 05:38 PM
So I've had my "small" sequence 750-1200 for awhile (don't even think they make them anymore - and it was beyond warranty that's for sure) and it finally burned out. While I loved it when it ran, I decided on a Poseidon PS4 (T4) for the return due to it's reputation for reliability and especially noise. I'm replumbing my return lines (PVC is relatively cheap anyway) and this thing has "barbed" inputs/outputs - they don't exactly slide into a 1" PVC pipe and I don't want to bust anything. What the heck am I supposed to use? 1" flex piping? That'll make the return wobbly as hell! :confused:

BeanAnimal
04/24/2006, 05:43 PM
Buy a small section of SPAFLEX from lowes or SAVKO.COM. Glue this into one side of a union. You now have a very sturdy adaptor that will also act as a vibration damper. I use 1.25 unions with 1" adaptors glued unto them, as the 1" unions are more restrictive than the adaptors....

In any case a hair dryer, heat gun, or microwave can be used to soften the spaflex enough to easily slip it over the barb. While it is still soft, put on a stainless steel hose clamp and your good to go.

Bean

Badkharma
04/24/2006, 06:07 PM
Perfect, thanks!