PDA

View Full Version : skimmer for 30 gal reef

jrodmarkle
04/24/2006, 07:16 PM
ok so like all the others on this forum i am undecided on a skimmer. i am leaning towards a CSS but not sure how they are havent seen one in action as of yet and would like to hear not only goods but any bads that are out there. i would be more interested in whats good for HOB applicatons and like i said i have a 30 gal. reef tank with a 10 gal. sump. thanks for the feedback.

crumbletop
04/24/2006, 08:50 PM
I have an AquaC Remora skimmer and am very pleased with it.

Jack

clownnrnd
04/24/2006, 09:28 PM
I think H&S has a HOB in the works. I would imagine they might release it at Interzoo. That's just a guess as I've heard they had one in the works and alot of European companies release new products at Intezoo show. If interested contact Brian at Fins Reef.com. He is the North American importer for H&S. He would know a release date on the HOB. I have a A110-F2000 on a 58 total system volume of maybe 70 gal. and it is doing a great job of pulling out the crud. Even a 110-F2000 (Internal skimmer) would do a good job. I've used the Remora/MJ1200, and the Grotech HEA-80 and like the A110-F2000 the most. Don't shy away from the price tags on skimmers. Good ones are worth their weight in gold IMO.
Take Care,
Chad