PDA

View Full Version : Good Fish for Community Tank

kavuman
04/25/2006, 02:50 PM
Hello, It is the first time i have ever posted on reef central , and I would like to know what is a good begginer fish for a 200 gallon community tank. Also, what invertebrates would be suitable to keep with these fish? This will be my first tank, so i don't want anything complicated to take care of. Thanks.

Andrew
04/25/2006, 02:53 PM
[welcome]

Theres many types of peaceful fish out there. Are you looking for larger or smaller fish? Heres some of the fish I have in my 75 and they are all very peaceful

2- True Percula clowns
1- Royal gramma
1- Scopas Tang
4- Green chromis

Other nice peaceful fish would be firefish, cardinals, gobies, ect. But then again all fish can become aggressive but I've had good luck and haven't had any good fish turn bad yet. All the fish I listed are also pretty easy to care for. Just a word of advise, don't go with damsels.

kavuman
04/25/2006, 03:28 PM
I like large fish, but small fish are ok too. Preferably something strange and weird-looking.

Andrew
04/25/2006, 03:32 PM
Well to start off, I would get a couple Green chromis after your tank has cycled and you've done some reading on marine tanks. If I had a 200 gallon tank, I would get around 6-8 of them and they would start to school around the tank. The best part is they are really easy to care for and a good fish to start out with.

edwar050
04/25/2006, 03:53 PM
I would arrange a stocking list based upon aggressiveness.
Peaceful reefsafe fish for a first tank... ocellaris/perc clowns, chromis, royal gramma, some of the tangs, cardinal fish, blennies, and gobies. There are a host of others. Just be sure to research all fish first, don't buy on impulse unless you have a great LFS, and its good to stock with the least aggressive fish first.