PDA

View Full Version : Shipping overseas

hamburglar
04/25/2006, 03:48 PM
Hey guys,

I've got a guy in the UK that wants me to ship him some corals. Yep, he will pay the FedEx cost.

Does anyone know if this is legal, or where I can look to find out? I don't even know where to start with this.

CoralNutz
04/25/2006, 07:36 PM
I know someone that shipped some zoas to Canada via UPS overnight... sat in customs for a few days before it got through and everything died. Appearently overnight doesn't always mean overnight going to other countries... I would talk to fedex and get some specific details about the overnight policy to the country your trying to ship too.

jamieb
05/01/2006, 12:38 PM
ive had a few corals shipped to me in the uk, mostly they all arrive ok.
not to sure on the legality though, i presume its ok as the seller/shipper assured me it was
jamie

Lockes
05/01/2006, 01:12 PM
Well we get corals into South Africa overnight from Singapore, Kenya, America, Hawaii, Sri Lanka etc. to all the LFS's and privately so should be ok but I am pretty sure you will need CITES permits

organism
05/01/2006, 07:32 PM
if you're exporting live animals you'll need the permits, or they could fine you like woah, also there's a good chance that it will sit in customs long enough to not make it

malkier22
05/03/2006, 03:59 PM
i hope to ship my LR to korea in a few months