PDA

View Full Version : Missing Diamond Watchman Goby

Pensky
04/25/2006, 04:00 PM
I bought a Diamond Watchman Goby four days ago and I have not seen it since I let it out of the bag. Has this ever happen to anyone?

siding88
04/25/2006, 05:45 PM
yea join the club, tiger goby MIA, then i bought a blue spot jawfish, good chunk of change one week fine built a happy home then blam MIA for 2 weeks now my 2 other gobies are fine and happy, hope u find yours

Kigs
04/25/2006, 05:59 PM
I just bought a diamond goby today, and after acclimating, I reached into the bucket to schoop him up with a cup then splash, he jumped at least 5 ft in the air, traveled all the way down to the room. After putting him in, I haven't seen him since. Hopefully I'll see him out more soon.

Buster4900
04/25/2006, 06:39 PM
MIne is almost always sitting on the sand looking out the tank, occassionally sifting the sand.

TrojanScott
04/25/2006, 07:33 PM
They do tend to jump, make sure you check behind your tank, or just in the general area.

rams_1_again
04/25/2006, 08:10 PM
I've discovered you need a tight lid for diamond gobies! I had a small one inch opening that mine jumped through. Like buster said, check the area around the tank, he may have jumped.

andiruleu
04/25/2006, 08:25 PM
yeh... if you cant find him he's probably on the floor.. thats what happened to mine..

pledosophy
04/25/2006, 08:57 PM
Mine takes off from time to time. I was sure he was dead after a couple months, but no he's still in there.

ernestlives
04/25/2006, 09:06 PM
I've had mine for a couple months....He's the best addition to my tank so far!! He does an amzing job of keeping the sand very white. I would suggest keeping the back of the tank enclosed until he gets used to his new home. Mine tried to jump for about two days but now he doesnt even go more than half way up. Your goby also might be inside a cave he dug for himself...i know mine goes inside his sand cave every night.
even if you don't find him, i wouldnt give up on the diamond heads..they are great sand cleaners and have great personality. just be picky about the next one u purchase

Pensky
04/25/2006, 10:20 PM
well, I would have never found it if it wasn't for you guys!! He had jump right out the back:( :( I really want this fish so I will try again with a lid on the tank, at least for the first week or so!

Kigs
04/25/2006, 10:57 PM
I would be so upset if the diamond goby jumps...it's so hard to get them around here. I had to wait around for at least 2 months to get them. They are never in or they just get sold out too fast.

Anyway, mine's doing fine now. He has already made a fine home under a GSP LR.

dots
04/26/2006, 12:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7247952#post7247952 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TrojanScott
They do tend to jump, make sure you check behind your tank, or just in the general area.

Oh yeah I just learned that the hard way, found my missing goby 4 months later......behind the tank.:eek:

blazemore
04/26/2006, 12:04 AM
I had one that never jumped, but had to get rid of him after a year due to him messing up the rockwork.

Then I had a second one that jumped two days after he was in the tank.