PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant cleaner shrimp x2???

kaserpick
04/26/2006, 09:59 AM
Hey guys, I have two cleaner shrimp that both packed with a lot of eggs. Does this mean that they'll reproduce?? If so is there any way to take care of them or will I lose most of the eggs in the filtration? What's the success rate on these shrimp reproducing in the home aquarium? Thanks for the help.

Thumbs up!
Kaserpick

mcegelsk
04/26/2006, 10:05 AM
I have the same thing, it started a few weeks ago...one is really loaded and the other has about half of the FAT one. I've heard shrimp are more difficult than most fish and will probably become a treat for your other tankmates or end up in filtration. ~Matt

kaserpick
04/26/2006, 10:14 AM
Wow, mines the exact same way. One is loaded and the other is half way. That stinks that they're so hard to keep. How long will it be before they release them? If I can get them in a seperate tank to themselves can I raise them like that? Thanks for the reply Matt.

Thumbs up!
Kaserpick

Brian5280
04/26/2006, 03:32 PM
They do that all the time. You don't even have to have two of them. Mine always ends up eating the eggs off itself. I look at it as a sign that you have happy, healthy shrimp.

istio
04/27/2006, 04:44 AM
Check out breeders forum. Succes rates with this species are however pretty dismal to non-existant even in dedicated breeding setups. Nevertheless don't let me stop you from trying. Where there's a will there a way....

Ciao

kaserpick
04/27/2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the responses guys! Yeah, Istio I heard that the success rate was almost 0 but like you said I'll still try. Can't hurt right? Even though it is super hard to raise the larvea I'm glad that the 2 shrimp happy and healthy!

Thumbs up!
Kaserpick