PDA

View Full Version : Help please need info on Ammonia spike

XMASTER
04/27/2006, 09:02 AM
Help I have a big problem with me reef tank and seahorse tank I’ve bin doing water change every 2 weeks this morning I woke up and I looked at my tank it was all cloudy and the fish looked like they were panting for breath when I tested the water the Ammonia spiked to 2.0 in my Reef tank and my Seahorse tank I don’t know what happened nothing had died in any of the tanks I did a 50% water change on the tanks this morning and that did not seem to help. What should I do :(

Thurge
04/27/2006, 11:29 PM
Sounds like you are going through a cycle again. Only things I can suggest are mad water changes. I am not a fan of doing more than 50% a day though. The other thing is to get some Ammonia adsorbing pads at teh LFS.
Ammo Lock wouldn't hurt to lessen the effects of the ammonia on the fish.

psycho_clown
04/27/2006, 11:33 PM
Sounds like you need to return your seahorses and get some goldfish, you obviously have no idea what your doing and shouldnt be keeping high maintenance animals

XMASTER
04/27/2006, 11:36 PM
ok thanks for your info (psycho_clown) I've had my Seahorse for almost a year now so I think I know what i'm doing. its just strange that the ammonia spiked in 2 of my tanks the other tank is fine dont know whats going.

psycho_clown
04/27/2006, 11:46 PM
Sounds like you've tortured them for almost a year

Nanook
04/28/2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the valuable input psychoclown...have a good night:wavehand: