PDA

View Full Version : Caulastrea curvata candy cane coral question

TOURKID
04/27/2006, 06:03 PM
hi all :) Imgetting a sweet candy coarl tomorrow from Live Aquarias divers den.. (love the WYSIWYG)

Anyway, Ive read that metal halides are to strong, and they like med. flow... But I havent seen anything about placement.

I have PC lights, in a 45 gal tank. I have a crushed coarl floor.

Should I place these midway up? anything extra i should know? :D

tia

Maggie

DecoyDave
04/27/2006, 06:17 PM
I bought a 4-5" frag and i have 4- 3foot VHO lights, and these things are growing like mad. They are in my 46 gal bow front about half way up. I have my maxijet 1200 flowing over the top of the tank, and it works just fine. I suppliment the tank with Kent phytho-plankton, zooplex, and marine snow.

Sk8r
04/27/2006, 06:31 PM
I have mine 8 inches under a 250 mH and it's ecstatic and dividing. But acclimate by raising it each week.

vessxpress1
04/27/2006, 07:18 PM
I have 3 individual ones under PCs at different levels in my tank with varying flow all doing great. Candy cane corals are great. I'd like to see the one you're getting.

TOURKID
04/27/2006, 07:25 PM
vess... me too! lol After I checked out they took it off there website.. sice it was what you see is what you get, that was that. It had dark rims.. looked red.. but Id love to see the pic agian!!

thanks for the help everybody :) I moved a ric outta the way and it'll have a front n center spot. since my anemone jumped from the very spot 3 days ago, it looks so bare! *grumblingaboutbta* I cleaned 1 maxijet, and it may have moved a half inch or less, the bta took off the same day :( shes ok, just lost her awsome spot