PDA

View Full Version : Will Flame and Pygmy Angels fight?

saltyeye
04/28/2006, 10:34 AM
If I get a 4 inch Flame Angel and a 2 inch Pygmy Angel in my 215 tank, will they fight and one will eventually die?

BTTRFLYGRL
04/28/2006, 11:04 AM
It is possible to have those fish in a tank of that size...it would have been best to add them all at once though. The Flame will take a beating when first introduced so be prepared to intervene if it gets severe. Rearrange the rockwork right before placing the Flame and keep fingers crossed;)

I always wished I could find dividers to fit larger tanks..that would work well as the fish could see each other but couldn't fight.. I always hate to watch the new fish being harassed:(

Oh and

[welcome]

AdidaKev
04/28/2006, 12:12 PM
What type of pygmy angel?

Tyrosinase
04/28/2006, 12:25 PM
In a tank that size I would think you should be fine. It would be best to introduce them at the same time, just as BTTRFLYGRL said.

saltyeye
04/28/2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the inputs. I will introduce them both at the same time. The name of the pygmy angel is Centropyge argi, is the small yellow front, blue body one. No more than 3 inches I would think.

BTTRFLYGRL
04/28/2006, 06:30 PM
I need to read more carefully:lol: I thought you already had two Argi's and you were adding a Flame:lol:

Yes, it will be better with just the two and adding them together

[note to self....read more carefully;)]

Wolverine
04/28/2006, 08:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7266809#post7266809 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltyeye
Thanks for the inputs. I will introduce them both at the same time. The name of the pygmy angel is Centropyge argi, is the small yellow front, blue body one. No more than 3 inches I would think.

Most people classify all of the Centropyge angels as "pygmy", and the fish you're talking about would be in the "argi" complex. Those fish are willing to fight with anything; they're quite belligerent. However, in a tank that size they should be OK.

Dave

ACBlinky
04/28/2006, 10:26 PM
I keep four angels in my 65g, including C. argi and a flame. They're fine with one another; the major attitude in the tank comes from the neon dottyback, whose new sport is lunging at the angels' tails as they swim past his caves :rolleyes:

BTTRFLYGRL
04/29/2006, 05:10 PM
My Argi's are pretty well behaved..My Raccoon Butterfly harrasses them

leebca
04/29/2006, 06:01 PM
Don't forget that the entire pygmy group are almost classified as herbivores. They mostly expect to eat veggies and should be offered the herbivore diet recommended in the thread below.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=785228