PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Tropicals

sourmug76
04/28/2006, 11:35 AM
I stopped by Trey's yesterday to see if he had any used Maxijets that I could snag and mod for cheap. Found out he sold the shop. He is going back to work for one of his old bosses and spending more time with his kids. He sold it to Scott Mearns who runs a aquarium maintenance business.

Sunday at 5 the new owner takes over... So thought you all might want to stop by and say farewell.

Crit21
04/28/2006, 01:21 PM
Wow, I didn't expect that. Trey filled a niche with his low prices, good variety and high volume, but we all know that he worked his butt off to make it successful. I wonder what kind of changes we can expect.

calvin415
04/28/2006, 01:24 PM
Holy crap! Wow, thanks for the heads up Manny!

BLUEMANDJ
04/28/2006, 05:54 PM
Talked to Trey today.

The new owener is honoring all the store credits as long as trey has a first and last name for the person with the credit.

Just giving everyone a heads up.

COreefer
04/28/2006, 11:29 PM
Trey has been working 7 days a week, with limited vacation time, and limited time with his family. This is a welldeserved time for him...he has served our group well with discounts from time to time. It's tough knowing he is leaving, and with him the good deals, however, he deserves time with his family. I'm sure we will see him at some SCMAS meetings in the future.

johnstelting
05/04/2006, 09:25 PM
I stopped in tonight to say hello to the new owner. I asked him if he was going to raise the prices on coral. He laughed and said almost every phone call is someone the asks the same question. He said he was going to try and keep the same prices Trey had.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Crit21
05/04/2006, 10:11 PM
That's definitely good news. I hope he succeeds.

reefkoi
05/05/2006, 06:46 AM
Scott former owner of the bolder marine store in C.S. a few years back, good deals there for sure I would imagine his sell low move a lot would fit in well at exotic tropic's, Good luck Scott!
Chris B

BLUEMANDJ
05/05/2006, 01:13 PM
If any one has the last email that trey send out, Scott is looking for all the email addreses that trey was sending it to.

Call him at 475-1675.