PDA

View Full Version : Wooo Hoo My reef is on the web at last!!

cwegescheide
04/28/2006, 07:26 PM
So now I would like to know how to have a "guest" username and password that they can see but not update any settings? I had my brother-in-law go on the web and pull up my aquacontroller from 1000 miles away to make sure I was on the web :D He turned off my T5's LOL

This is TOTALLY COOL!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ReefMeister2
04/29/2006, 03:37 AM
And even better, if you have Aquanotes you don't need to use a serial cable to interface it with the Aquacontroller. All you have to do is configure it with your new IP and logon info. The aquanotes software won't broadcast on the web but at least you have a wireless setup without having to purchase a cable and isolator

cwegescheide
04/29/2006, 07:22 AM
Well.... I still have not got AquaNotes 3.0 working :) One thing at a time. I think its because I don't have ISS installed possibly..

Chris

clp
05/01/2006, 10:13 AM
IIS or the personal web server (for old versions of windows) is required for the web interface of AquaNotes to work.

Curt

kb27973
05/02/2006, 01:14 PM
Okay, now I'm confused. I just bought a Pro3 that includes a web server right? Where does IIS come into the picture? Currently I have IIS running on a machine that is hooked to my old controller via the serial port.

Thanks,
Ken

cwegescheide
05/02/2006, 01:54 PM
I think Curt is saying thats for Aquanotes only. I'm still working on getting my aquanotes running. One thing at a time.

This is nice. I have my ACIII webpage running in the background at work in Jacksonville so I can keep an eye on my reef in Tampa!! :D

kb27973
05/02/2006, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry but I'm still not seeing it.... What does aquanotes do that the controller doesn't?

cwegescheide
05/02/2006, 02:58 PM
Aquanotes is a software that you can install on your computer to input/store your tank data and sport some nifty graphs and stuff like that. Its got some other features like a fish database, coral database etc.. I dont really know all it does since I haven't gotten that part working yet.

clp
05/03/2006, 10:42 AM
The full version of AquaNotes has the following advantages over the webserver in the 3 or 3 Pro:

- permanent record of datalogs.
- event logging
- graphical display of datalogs.
- multiple tank support.
- other alarm notification methods (pager, command execution)

Curt

lvreefer
05/06/2006, 01:26 PM
You only need IIS running if your controller does not have a built in web server, ie ACJR. Since you have one that does have a built in web server you should disable IIS (for security) and simply connect via IP to the controller.

The full version of Aquanotes is a very handy tool to discover trends, issues, expenses, and tank history.