PDA

View Full Version : 125 is a no go in the perfect viewing spot.

kevensquint
04/28/2006, 08:14 PM
A long time ago I bothered you all trying to figure out if my floor in my apartement could hold the weight of a 125. The response was yes, no and maybe. I went with maybe, now that I am bringing the tank over from the workshop and will be setting it up next week...I was getting very worried that my floor can actually hold the 1500 lbs. Today, I happened upon a structural engineer who took a look at my floor and the layout situation. He said, that puting a 125 in the place of my current 65 would be very risky, and he would'nt do it. I don't want to kill the neighbors below me so I'm going with the worst possible viewing spot, that happens to be the safest possible structural spot in my apt. What a downer, I was looking so forward to this, and I won't really be able to enjoy it as I had hoped.

jmccalip
04/28/2006, 08:23 PM
That's too bad, but I guess you really don't want to ruin a good floor. What's the spot you have now?

kevensquint
04/28/2006, 08:31 PM
Its in the center of a really nice brick-wall, in the living room in full view of the living room it can be seen from the kitchen and dining area as well. It is a non-stop target of compliments. Best of all, at the end of my day, I sit at the table next to it and eat my dinner while observing. Now, I will only be able to see it if I'm washing the dishes and turn to look, or bring a chair from somewhere to look. Its just not the same. I really need a house.