PDA

View Full Version : WBD treatment

luke.varga
04/29/2006, 05:17 AM
At first, sorry for my english :)
I would like to ask you, if there is anynthing what can be done against the white band disease. Two of my acros (A. valida, A. millepora) show slow loss of tissue, mainly from the base.
Everything else is growing without problems (Montipora, Pocillopora, green slimer, Seriatopora, 2 other species of Acropora). The system is 200 l (cca 53 gal), 2.5 years old, SPS dominated, low NO3 and PO4 (using zeolith and JBL PhosEX), T5 lighting, IMO good water flow (Marea 2400 and 2 power heads), feeding frozen cyclops and liquid food, only 4 small fishes.

samsfishnchips
04/29/2006, 08:57 AM
luke,

have you check for acro flat worms?

sam

Freed
04/29/2006, 09:08 AM
You can put super glue on the line of death, wherever there is a line of recession, and it will stop the recession.

luke.varga
04/29/2006, 09:48 AM
Nunez, I didn´t see any flatworms (and the corals are captive bred, except of that valida, but it is already 1.5 year in my tank).
I was also thinking about putting some superglue on the line of recession. I will try it on millepora, but I can´t reach all places between the branches of valida (it has 15 - 20 cm in diameter). I´m afraid of fragging it, it has already grown in a nice bushy shape with a lot of purple tips. Thanks for the answers, any other idea or experiences? I´m going to do a partial water change, maybe it will help. Did anyone try some dips, medicaments etc...?

Freed
04/29/2006, 10:34 AM
Make sure you take it out of the water before using the super glue or it won't come out of the tube/bottle.