PDA

View Full Version : Moving Sale-Frags/Coral-Today Only

RCS
04/29/2006, 08:34 AM
I apologize about the short notice, but I'm starting to run out of space here!

Everyone is invited to stop by and see if there's anything that catches your eye. Most of the stuff I'd like to get rid of will vary from $5-20, depending on what it is.

I've got Zoanthids, Acropora, who knows what else at this point. Plenty of Caulerpa free for the taking and possibly a handful or two of Chaeto as well.

I've also got some additives (mostly Won Brothers brand, which I've used in the past with good results). Calcium, Iodine, Trace, Buffers, Kalk, etc. I don't think there's anything over $5. Most will be $2-3!! For example 8oz Calcium, Iodine or Trace will be $2! elp me clear it out!

Give me a call if you get lost, otherwise you should be able to Mapquest specific directions:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=630+liverpool+ln&city=knoxville&state=tn&zipcode=37920

(854) 385-4385 or (920) 268-4882

I likely won't be checking RC anytime until later tonight, so please call!

Chris_Campbell
04/29/2006, 02:24 PM
:::ducks as the stampede to Fred's begins:::

hawkeye31657
04/29/2006, 05:07 PM
well i went out to his house and wasnt very happy with the prices it seems he says one thing and then is trying to get a lot more when you get there

RCS
04/29/2006, 06:59 PM
Most of the stuff I'd like to get rid of will vary from $5-20

I sold you a purple Montipora frag for $17. They generally go for twice that or sometimes more: http://frags.org/memberfragdetails.php?fid=2644

Just an example, but seeing as how you also got some free Caulerpa in the deal, I guess I'm a bit lost as to why the negative attitude in the post. Perhaps if you read the original post in its entirety, where it says that HARDGOODS are pretty much all $5 or less you wouldn't have had a misinformed preconception coming in.

ct_vol
04/29/2006, 07:09 PM
I went and was very satisfied with my transaction... I'm sorry to see Fred move back to Wisconsin... Oh, and when that Blue Acro grows up, you'd better send a frag my way...

KafudaFish
04/29/2006, 07:20 PM
Always a day late.

cee
04/29/2006, 07:34 PM
I believe that purple Monti is the one Fred got from me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/commiphora/frags/monti.jpg
My "colony" is huge now, probably 8" X 8" plus, so I can always offer frags to those who may be interested.

Dave

imsqueak
04/29/2006, 08:25 PM
Fred's has always been a nice guy. But he's also taken it from the hobbiest level to the seller level so maybe you were expecting one thing and faced another.

I too wouldn't have expected a Monti frag for $17 at a last minute, moving, must sell everything off post. $5-10 would have been my expectation.

hawkeye31657
04/29/2006, 08:41 PM
this is true i got frags from nc from as friend and it cost me 20 bucks for like 6 frags so yes i was thinking this was a good deal to get something different in my tank. and i do try to be fair with my stuff.
art lost his pink monti and i had got a frag from him a few mounths back so i gave him back the frag so he could see what it would do in his tank and will get a frag from him when it is ready so fare is fare in this hobbie we try to share and hope to let all get some of what we have

RCS
04/29/2006, 08:43 PM
Dave, it's one and the same. My parent colony is in the 4"x4" range right now and has grown pretty quickly.

I too wouldn't have expected a Monti frag for $17 at a last minute, moving, must sell everything off post. $5-10 would have been my expectation.

Don, it wasn't a clearout by any means, merely me being lazy and not wanting to bag up every little frag I had. I expected most people to be looking for zoanthids as is usually the case (and that's what I have the most of right now and pretty much always), but I had one person who was looking for something else. I had planned on bringing everything with me, but figured I'd see if there were some local folks interested in something before I left town.

Randy, there will be blue acros for everyone when it's of a fraggable size. I'm hoping with the new tank and setup it won't take very long (actually, I'm mostly hoping that it will simply make the transition well!).

Chris_Campbell
04/29/2006, 08:56 PM
So fred, when is the big move happening? Sorry to see ya go ( You'll be back, they always come back!)

zanemoseley
05/03/2006, 05:51 PM
Dave that purple cap grows like a weed when its happy. Mine is about 10"x8" and continues to grow but is pretty much outta space. It doesn't seem to like to make the whirling pattern much though, it kinda just likes to spread and conquer.

zanemoseley
05/03/2006, 06:08 PM
Here's a good pic I got of mine the other day.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/zanemoseley/purplecap2.jpg

vipjd39
05/03/2006, 09:10 PM
Are you still getting rid of some of your zoos and some other stuff?

RCS
05/03/2006, 09:23 PM
Sorry, had some connection issues the last few days after I changed my email address.

Zoanthids and stuff I'm willing to part with are all moved to WI already, sorry!