PDA

View Full Version : feeding baby blue tang

hutch1814
04/29/2006, 07:47 PM
I just bought a baby blue tang and was wonderin what to feed it its about the size of a quarter and i really cant think of what it could eat and i dont know if hes eating the mysis shrimp and formula 1&2 that i feed cause im not there when the fish are fed but when i was able to watch he didnt eat but that was the second day i had him.

BlueNWhite
04/29/2006, 09:21 PM
You wouldn't happen to live in the Toronto area would you? I was at a LFS and saw a quarter sized baby Blue Tang that was on hold to be picked up.

You can try seaweed. Blue Tangs are known for being 'hard to get to eat'.

Good luck.

hutch1814
04/30/2006, 12:32 PM
nope not there im in indiana. I did however have the store hold it for about a month cause of size and the simple fact its a tang but anyways i was thinkin seaweed and i tried it but hes to small to get it i have a HUGE yellow tang and the blue tang will get nowhere near him

BlueNWhite
04/30/2006, 12:40 PM
If you put the seaweed on a clip, then your right, the little guy won't go near it because it's too confined into one small area. Take a piece of seaweed and break it up into pieces of about a square inch. Then take one at a time and squeeze each around just under the surface of the water. It'll break up the seaweed and that way it'll scatter throughout the tank and hopefully the little blue tang will sample a piece and want some more.

HTH.

fourts1
05/01/2006, 07:56 PM
I bought some very small blue tangs(nickle size)about two months ago and was feeding them cyclop-eeze. It was too small for most of the other fish. They have since grown alot(quarter size now) and eat just about anything.

LisaD
05/02/2006, 02:15 AM
What did it eat at the fish store?