PDA

View Full Version : Do You Cycle A Qt Tank?

sidneybrooksjr
04/30/2006, 12:32 AM
I just picked up a 20 gal long from a yard sale for 1$. My question is do you cycle a qt tand like a display tank or do you just remove water from the display to the quarantine tank?

mavgi
04/30/2006, 12:54 AM
if you can so the best will be to cycle it like a dsiplay but if you need to treat fish urgent so you can use half from your display and half water from r/o water add a cup from your sand or small rock from your main tank.you need to check the water parameter to important the ph level and try to much the salinty to your main display.

BTTRFLYGRL
04/30/2006, 07:08 AM
I always get a hang on filter with the biowheels and leave this on my main tank for at least a month.. When setting up a qt, I take 2/3 of the water from the main and the rest new water..add on the filter and other necessities and its ready to go! I still doe water changes at least every other day [everyday if medicine is in the tank] just to be sure water is pristine

RicksReefs
04/30/2006, 07:48 AM
a quarantine tank should be set up as a regular tank. it's for observation. then if disease is noted, transfered to a hospital tank for meds.