PDA

View Full Version : Rock/Flower Anemone

travisurfer
04/30/2006, 12:38 PM
Would I be able to keep one of these anemones in an a 20H tank with 65watts pc lighting? And do these need the tank to be established 6 months?

Fishfreak218
04/30/2006, 01:22 PM
you could get one.. you dont have to wait 6 months in my opinion.. they are pretty easy to keep.. i love mine.. and mine survived when my tank hit 88 degrees for a while during the hurricane..which killed my leather coral.. so in my experience they are pretty hardy

SuperNerd
04/30/2006, 01:42 PM
Hearty but like meaty foods. They will not host clowns though.

finding nemo
04/30/2006, 02:49 PM
Travis, they are great little anemones, I have had a green one for around 8 years now.
It never wanders and stays right where I originally put it.
It made a move from AZ to TX in a chest freezer holding on to its original rock where it is today a year later.
I feed mine a small silverside once a week and he is happy.
Actinics really bring out there color so make sure yours is put in the light.
They however don't seem to care how much light they have as I used to keep him on the bottom of the tank, then after the move he went into my new 125 and I put him right up top and he loves it there also.
There are some beautiful ones on Ebay and I have come close to buying several of them.
The yellow one that is on there now is gorgeous but a bit high in price for a rock anemone.
But he sure is purdy.

travisurfer
04/30/2006, 03:09 PM
ok thanks. i know clowns arent a normal host but i like these anemones.

travisurfer
04/30/2006, 03:24 PM
i kind of like the blakc and white striped ones with a purple center. btw, im not running w/extra actinics.