saltyESQ
04/30/2006, 01:44 PM
90g with 50lbs LR
90lbs LS
coralife 125 skimmer
will have a UV ster
and a refuge in my sump

want to add:
1 stars and stripes puffer (I know it will outgrow the tank)
1 humu trigger
1 angler

how that sound?

splateee
04/30/2006, 06:29 PM
That sounds like it should be ok. From what i have heard the Humu can get pretty aggressive not too sure about the Angler.

Your setup is kinda like ours.

We have a 90 gallon with about 50-60bs of live rock and running a Coralife 125 skimmer also. We have a Dogface Puffer, Bursa Trigger, Lunare Wrasse, Lawnmower Blenny and a Zebra Moray Eel. They all get along well together.

The Coralife CSS is a good skimmer, it is a little touchy to get dialed in at first.

evannave
04/30/2006, 10:34 PM
The angler could be killed by the trigger or puffer by accendently

saltyESQ
05/01/2006, 01:39 AM
think i should not get the angler?

Patchy
05/01/2006, 11:15 AM
anglers belong in species only tanks. if they dont get picked on they try to eat something to big which kills both fish

XtrmCHoPZ
05/01/2006, 08:00 PM
I agree on the angler, Ive tried them with some other fish like puffers-not a good idea, they can and will get bitten. Some fish find them hard to resist and have to have a taste, unfortunately sometimes that taste can kill them. S&S puffer should be cool for some time as long as u get one that is fairly small to begin with. Same with picasso.

LRS078
05/02/2006, 05:48 AM
Skip the angler....the trigger and puffer will want to pick at it. It can't compete for food with the other two anyway. Anglers are best in "species only" tank setups. The puffer/trigger combo should do fine for some time. May want to go bigger on the skimmer.... Even go to the Coralife 220 so that when you upgrade the tank to hold the fully grown size of the fish you want the skimmer will still work.