PDA

View Full Version : Help

MIamiMarines80
05/01/2006, 12:41 AM
i JUST GOT this 22g saltwater tank cycled,everythings perfect exept the nitr but its not on a stress level, put a couple of damsels in there 2 died out of 5 so i just put a clown fish in it with an anemone, but they dont look to happy i think the clown fish is showing signs of floating up, this is my first tank and ive asked and looked up alot of info b4 i stated is there anything you guys can tell me wut im doing wrong? any help would be awsome

thanks joel

affan
05/01/2006, 12:43 AM
WHOA! Slow down there tiger!!! Take it easy. Have patience. Do not add five damsels to a newly cycled tank!!! Your tank does not run on speed, unlike some of us. Patience is the key. Be gentle, be nice and add your fish one at a time.

Wow, I think that rhymed. A little. :smokin:

noobtank
05/01/2006, 12:45 AM
how long have u had the tank? even though it's not a stress level you shouldn't hve any nitrates. anenomes do not tolerate nitrates very well. even though most fish can. however clowns don't like high nitrates either. do a 25 percent water change and hope for the best. you should prolly turn the lights off too...

pwachs
05/01/2006, 11:25 AM
what kind of lighting do you have also?

might be best to return all the livestock you bought and try over slowly

rustybucket145
05/01/2006, 12:06 PM
quote: "2 died out of 5 so i just put a clown fish in it with an anemone"

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ???
?????????????????? ????????????????????? ???????????????????
????

You said you did some research before, you should really do some more. And do the Anemone a favor and return it to the store that you bought it from. Maybee they will give you store credit or maybee even a full refund.