PDA

View Full Version : Large FOWLR with a peacock

rudyistaken
05/01/2006, 07:29 AM
I have a 262 gallon tank that I am contemplating turning into salt. Had any body every tried to keep a peacock mantis in a large display tank?

Cruella
05/01/2006, 07:33 AM
what is the point of doing that. h would be the only thing in the tank. mantis shrimp are killers. I hate even sitting at my computer desk where his tank is. he comes charging out of his rock and beats the crap out of the fish tank.

rwhhunt
05/02/2006, 09:56 AM
262 is HUGE, depending on the temperment of your mantis (i would have him in a smaller tank and do some "tests" with various damsels, adn inverts like stars and large snails) Mine doesnt bother damsels, clowns, stars, Large Turbos, and even small "snorkle" sand snails. with that said, some people on this forum have ficious peacocks that will kill anything upon entering their domain....I guess i just lucked out! My frind also keeps a Oerstedii with a pair of saddle back clowns and BTA in a ten with no problems... and my wennera doesnt mess with my firefish in a five... BUT unless you keep very peaceful fish and lots of corals and decor, It may be a bit overkill.... But then again, I have even heard of a guy who kept a big mantis in with his octopus!! (didn't even know the mantis was in there-hichhicker) and they are ultimate nemesis!